Author Topic: Mazda Netaline  (Read 4205 times)
amtrakuk
Mazda Netaline « on: December 22, 2013, 12:59:03 PM » Author: amtrakuk
Hi peeps..

On the lookout for a working Mazda Netaline as its the only fitting that will fit in my kitchen...

Still got a few Philips MA90s (without lamp or cell) Free to a good home if anyone interested - though collection in person only

Andy
LegacyLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Blake

Re: Mazda Netaline « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:03:45 AM » Author: LegacyLighting
Hi Andy

Gosh no idea where you would find a Netaline - have you considered making one? Gosh I wish I was in your part of the world. I'd love an MA90  :'(

Best of luck with your Netaline
amtrakuk
Re: Mazda Netaline « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 06:01:34 AM » Author: amtrakuk
Hi Andy

Gosh no idea where you would find a Netaline - have you considered making one? Gosh I wish I was in your part of the world. I'd love an MA90  :'(

Thanks I used to have one a few months ago but donated it, now got a GE LED AD lamp that actually has a nice colour but just doesn't give the brightness the netaline did.  Ideally I'd chain suspend my 2x4ft Europa :) but my OH isn't going to like that

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Mazda Netaline « Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:23:56 AM » Author: migette1
[                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Hi those fittings are as rare as hens teeth Are you in UK my one came from Wimbledon boot sale but that was some time ago. They were made with either a resistance wire or a lamp will keep my eyes open but not holding out much hope   Peter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      quote author=Blake link=topic=3264.msg21025#msg21025 date=1388307825]
Hi Andy

Thanks I used to have one a few months ago but donated it, now got a GE LED AD lamp that actually has a nice colour but just doesn't give the brightness the netaline did.  Ideally I'd chain suspend my 2x4ft Europa :) but my OH isn't going to like that

[/quote]

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: Mazda Netaline « Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 02:49:56 PM » Author: BG101
I wonder how many succumbed to deteriorating batten lampholders? This was a problem with the bakelite lampholders with steel reinforcement, usually the bakelite/plastic hardened and cracked after a few thousand hours running 100 or 150W GLS leaving just the thin steel lugs which were barely able to hold on to a standard GLS light bulb (our hall light used to drop its lamp if the front door was slammed, which was unavoidable due to expansion/sticking in damp weather) .. or the whole plastic/steel ring section broke away leaving just the sprung contacts exposed, one reason I got rid of all the old BC sockets and replaced them with good quality ES lampholders. Modern heat-resistant BC sockets are built differently due to the historical problems with them but these didn't appear until too late for the Netaline.

I would think many of these Netaline fittings would have been used in aged and cooked lampholders!

BG

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

New kid
Re: Mazda Netaline « Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 07:57:41 AM » Author: New kid
Hi Andy

Are you still looking for a netaline? I'm renovating my granparents house and there is a fully working Mazda Netaline fitting in the kitchen.

You can E mail me if you are intersted and I can send you some pics

Thanks
Karen

Hi peeps..

On the lookout for a working Mazda Netaline as its the only fitting that will fit in my kitchen...

Still got a few Philips MA90s (without lamp or cell) Free to a good home if anyone interested - though collection in person only

Andy
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies