Author Topic: The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights  (Read 142 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights « on: November 29, 2022, 12:07:19 PM » Author: rjluna2
I found an interesting article at The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights that we have seen here :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 12:39:07 PM » Author: Medved
"...It has to mean something. Because if it doesn't, that's even scarier. Streetlights and street lighting are a city's deep infrastructure. If they can break in such a weird and unexpected way, so can everything else."

That is telling everything...

Otherwise as usual: Cheepeese c$$p takes over because bean counters just go for the lowest price tag, not matter what...

No more selfballasted c***

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 04:44:14 PM » Author: rjluna2
That's what I thought, Medved :P

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights « Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 02:38:30 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I love that bit, ‘5G radiation or government surveillance’  ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 02:41:34 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 48,590 hrs @ 29/11/22

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights « Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 03:35:04 AM » Author: Econolite03
Don’t even get me started on the tin-foil hat nonsense, the amount of BS is pretty unbelievable… like they have lasers on them now.
 ::)
I wonder which LED manufacturer will earn the guinness world record of most recalled fixtures: Leotek, Acuity, or Cooper? I’ll be quiet.

Celebrating 2 Years on Lighting-Gallery.net

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights « Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 07:04:42 AM » Author: Medved
Quote from: Econolite03
Don’t even get me started on the tin-foil hat nonsense"

Why? To me this (along the "Flat Earth" and similar) is a great source of amusement and laughter... :-D

No more selfballasted c***

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 07:26:50 AM » Author: rjluna2
:lol:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights « Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 07:45:55 AM » Author: Rommie
Well, they wanted the things; none of this would have happened if people had stuck with proper traditional light sources ::)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: The weird, worrisome mystery behind America's plague of purple streetlights « Reply #8 on: November 30, 2022, 03:56:15 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah some of the "theories" floating around on the internet regarding these are pretty wild.

The problem seems to be limited to AEL/Acuity luminaires from what I've noticed. My area started using LED in late 2009/2010 and I've yet to see a LED luminaire fail in such manner. Granted AEL/Acuity LED luminaires are rare in my city.
Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies