Author Topic: Video and videotape stuff  (Read 17863 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #45 on: December 14, 2015, 11:12:15 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
The problem with an LED is that you would need to attach a resistor to it to limit the current, which would make it even more fiddly to install.

That's reminded me, I still have my RCA VCR and my Sony tape deck that I got almost a year ago that I need to buy belts for...

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #46 on: December 15, 2015, 09:53:58 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Yeah, I have a Hitachi made RCA VCR that needs belts. It has six of them and they have all turned to gloop. One thing about that VCR that is enourmously irritating is that you can't set the clock without the remote. I'll keep my Panasonics and JVC's, thank you.
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #47 on: December 16, 2015, 01:35:55 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Something incredible is happening. I never dreamed this would happen to me, but as of right now, it seems to be working out. On Videokarma, I put up a WTB ad for any piano key pop top VCR. WELL - I was informed that somebody in Atlanta has FIVE of them for FREE! An RCA VBT-200, a Panasonic PV-1200, an RCA Selectavision 650, and a Panasonic PV-1770. I don't know the last one. If this works out, I'll be in VCR heaven!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 04:18:26 PM by TheUniversalDave1 » Logged
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #48 on: December 16, 2015, 04:37:22 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Dang, that's not a bad deal! Hope you can get them!

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #49 on: December 16, 2015, 06:33:46 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
The guy that told me about it hasn't gotten back with me yet, and it's making me insane. I've been checking Videokarma every 5 minutes. Insanity-doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

UPDATE! I just got off the phone with the guy, and I'm going over there Saturday at 1:00. He said he has been accumulating electronic stuff for over 50 years and is giving me whatever I want for free.  :o :o :o I'm still trying to stomach the gravity of this situation.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 09:50:56 PM by TheUniversalDave1 » Logged
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #50 on: December 17, 2015, 12:45:49 AM » Author: tolivac
The only videotape stuff I liked was the Ampex Quad 2" RR VTR's that used to be used in TV broadcast.Rotary head machines(video) and of course analog.One of the machines I used was Ampex VTR 1000,all solid state-and a VRT100-used vacuum tube Rec/PB amps.Both the headwheel motor and capstan motor were driven from the station sync system via very large vacuum tube amps-8 6550 tubes per amp!It was kinda thrilling using these machines-but stand back when you put the deck into rewind or fast forward.The reels are massive and turning fast!!
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #51 on: December 17, 2015, 01:03:29 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
UPDATE! I just got off the phone with the guy, and I'm going over there Saturday at 1:00. He said he has been accumulating electronic stuff for over 50 years and is giving me whatever I want for free.  :o :o :o I'm still trying to stomach the gravity of this situation.

Holy balls Dave, that's awesome! Have fun and let us know everything you get!

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #52 on: December 19, 2015, 03:37:06 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
HOLY CRAP!!! I hit the VCR JACKPOT! There are EIGHT top loading VCR's with service literature in the trunk, a 19" Sylvania TV in the backseat, and the Buick is struggling to go uphill. This guy's collection was INCREDIBLE! He had every TV and VCR known to man! I can't wait to go back! I'll get pics up soon.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #53 on: December 20, 2015, 01:26:26 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Wow, that is awesome! I saw the video, you got one heck of a deal.

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #54 on: December 20, 2015, 09:18:35 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Thanks, yeah I've got my work cut out for me with belts. At least 6 belts per VCR. I guess I'll be putting in a big order at Studio Sound Electronics.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #55 on: December 20, 2015, 10:02:56 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Oh yeah, I forgot to say, those RCA belt kits you got look pretty old, so they may already be bad lol.

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #56 on: December 20, 2015, 03:21:39 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I may not have a choice for some of them. A belt kit for the VFT650 is not available from SSE. I already have a complete belt kit for it, so we'll see.
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #57 on: December 20, 2015, 07:14:48 PM » Author: LampLover
I have ordered from Adams Radio before when I needed belts for a Sony cassette deck
The only thing is you have to know the style (Flat, Square, etc) and size of the belt

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Aveoguy22
Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #58 on: December 20, 2015, 10:06:27 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
got this not too long ago.  RCA selectavision VJP900T toploader.  still works but the rewind/ ffwd is kinda slow.  might be the nature of this though because the older ones weren't fast like the newer ones are.  wonder if belts are still available?  this one is the unit that the VCR itself is detachable and would have been used with a camera.  I have another that we have had since before I was born, a Magnavox from 1990 or 91, cant remember which.  still works too, but I wouldn't get rid of it even if it didn't.  too much sentimental value.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:43:55 PM by Aveoguy22 » Logged
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Video and videotape stuff « Reply #59 on: December 21, 2015, 11:02:41 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Wow, that is neat! So when the VCR is detached, can it run on DC power?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies