Author Topic: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability  (Read 5715 times)
merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 11:04:30 AM » Author: merc
That PDF looks like an excellent source of information. Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to download it, for some reason. Download button does nothing. And it's too small to read on the site.
Try to enable pop-up windows in your browser for this site. It worked for me. (Chrome was used.)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 11:35:33 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
That was the ticket. Thanks.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 02:44:12 PM » Author: Medved
I was able to download it well...
By the way I found there the explanation, what SLI means by "battery emergency" rated lamps: A F8T5 is not rated for the usual 8W, but just for ~3.3W (rated curent just 46mA HF) of real power. That correspond to how the normal emergency ballasts drive the lamps...
And that means such lamp would be heavily overdriven when operated on the normal ballast...

No more selfballasted c***

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 06:11:47 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Interesting, I wonder how such a lamp differs from a regular lamp of the same size? Specialized cathodes?

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 12:49:29 AM » Author: Medved
It looks like, they say they are rated at 9V, standard lamps are 3.5..4.5V...

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 12:57:25 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
What does that mean for how the cathodes actually handle the reduced current?

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 02:16:40 AM » Author: Medved
What does that mean for how the cathodes actually handle the reduced current?

I guess they are thinner and more dense packed, so the 45mA is sufficient to heat them up.
Generally speaking, that lamp is designed for that current. It is the same way as other lamp may be designed for 0.17A and yet another (e.g. some large HO) for 1.5A, the differences are of very similar kind (sizing and shaping the filament so, the desired rated curent yields the required optimum operating temperature)...

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 08:47:50 PM » Author: sol
Trent, there is a link to download it if you click here under the catalogue after closing the flip book pop-up :

EDIT : I saw you figured it out...
toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 08:42:54 PM » Author: toomanybulbs
this is the most complete spec list i have seen.
to big to attach or i would.
can email to anyone having issues.
That PDF looks like an excellent source of information. Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to download it, for some reason. Download button does nothing. And it's too small to read on the site.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 12:52:27 AM » Author: Medved
@TheMaritimeMan :
Don't you use some tool like "NoScript" or similar and forget to allow the scripts from that page?
Because I do use that and it really causes such functions to not work initially. After allowing the scripts from sites I decide to trust (the site where the page is hosted and those really relative; so still the widely used tracking service scripts and ads have very limited chance) it works well...

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: T8 and T5 lamp/ballast compatability « Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 09:44:25 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
No, I just use Google Chrome, whose nature is to block pop-ups. I just had to click the notification that a pop-up was blocked (which I didn't initially see), and tell it to allow it. I use AdBlocker as well, but so far that's never erroneously blocked anything that I actually needed.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies