Author Topic: Cheap Lithonia light fixture  (Read 1627 times)
slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap Lithonia light fixture « on: May 12, 2014, 12:02:23 PM » Author: slipperypete
Hello folks, about a month ago I bought a cheap Lithonia 1233 shop light. The ballast started going out this morning.  I can return it, but the shell is pretty strong and in great shape. It looks like it can accommodate a HPF ballast.  Should I chuck it in the trash or swap the ballast?  What do you guys think?

Bulb bans = Fascism

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cheap Lithonia light fixture « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 02:38:36 PM » Author: Medved
Depend what is easier for you. Returning mean packing it up, delivering to the seller, waiting for replacement, so you are easily few weeks without the light, but no cost. Replacing the ballast means you have the light working tomorrow again, but you have to buy that new ballast for your money.

No more selfballasted c***

slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cheap Lithonia light fixture « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 06:56:52 PM » Author: slipperypete
Well I ended up returning it and getting my money back. Drove to a different store and picked up a similar fixture. Apparently these Lithonia 1233 fixtures have had a long standing problem with their cheap keystone ballasts

Bulb bans = Fascism

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Cheap Lithonia light fixture « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 10:30:38 PM » Author: nicksfans
Those fixtures have terrible ballasts. My grandmother had one that only lit one lamp right out of the box. Just about any replacement ballast, new or old, would be an improvement over the ones these come with.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Cheap Lithonia light fixture « Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 01:36:19 AM » Author: lights*plus
I was curious what it looked like..googled it.
I would have replaced the ballast.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies