Author Topic: My response to the cat photos...  (Read 2703 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
My response to the cat photos... « on: May 30, 2014, 12:20:38 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Allow me to introduce my albino African Clawed Clawed frog.  ;D I've had him for almost 8 years, and he's a joy. His home is pretty simple, a 5 gallon tank with a few inches of water, and a single ornament to hide in. I feed him shrimp pellets, and the odd live bug or earthworm. African Clawed Frogs are cheap and pretty easy to care for, no harder than goldfish, and it's not difficult to have them live 10 years or more. If you're lucky, they can sometimes live up to 30 years.

Mine's starting to show his age - he's got a cataract in one of his eyes now. Otherwise, he's just as lively as he was when I got him almost 8 years ago. Sings night and day, and eats like a pig.  :D My 1960s Japanese F6T5 desk lamp lights his tank.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:23:23 AM by TheMaritimeMan » Logged

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

LegacyLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Blake

Re: My response to the cat photos... « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:29:03 AM » Author: LegacyLighting
 :o
Well I'll be darned. He looks nice and friendly - never seen such a creature before. Rather beautiful!
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My response to the cat photos... « Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 10:58:55 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Somebody said they found him (her) in the river, and they just gave him (her) to us. I guess we have a turtle now.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: My response to the cat photos... « Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 11:03:17 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Thanks Blake.  ;D

Whoa, that's a cool turtle.  8) Although I'm not sure if one would like being caught in the wild and brought to captivity.  :-\ Is that a corn kernel beside him?

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My response to the cat photos... « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 12:18:08 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I think it might be part of an apple (the fruit, not the computer.) I have no clue what they were trying to feed it. The turtle is actually the size of the palm of your hand.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies