Author Topic: Headhache galore. (Full spectrum/daylight color)  (Read 6346 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Headhache galore. (Full spectrum/daylight color) « Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 01:01:19 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
They are 32 Watt.  I'm working on doing some quicker EoL treatment to those gold enders as trying to put an EoL silver ender would obviously give it away.  There are a few old ballasts that are getting ready to give up the ghost that I have put a few of the gold enders into which should kill those tubes rather quickly.  The whole reason why we had to go to these Gold capped enders is because the church leader for that building wanted things "brighter"  But the church leader will only be around for a few more years and then is released from his calling and we get a new person and believe me, the day that happens, I'll be putting the 3000K back into those hallway/foyer fixtures. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Cavannus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Headhache galore. (Full spectrum/daylight color) « Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 02:12:20 PM » Author: Cavannus
I've tested different 5000K full spectrum T8's and T12's tubes, they all show very visible flickering with a magnetic ballast compared to standard triphosphor tubes (I haven't tested the F32 Alto 5000K tubes though).

But you say that they are electronic ballasts, so the tubes work at higher frequency — however may this be the cause of your headhache?
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Headhache galore. (Full spectrum/daylight color) « Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 10:50:27 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Still saving a few for your collection though?
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Headhache galore. (Full spectrum/daylight color) « Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 11:30:50 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Saving the daylight bulbs? Yup :)  I have 2 brand new ones down here in the basement with me.  I didn't get a chance to go back to that building last week but will certainly be there this weekend.  been busy getting the snowblowers at 17 buildings ready for winter. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies