Author Topic: Anybody here into film photography?  (Read 6833 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Anybody here into film photography? « Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 01:52:59 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I just remembered I bought some more film a while ago. Kodak Kodacolor VR-Plus 100 film, which expired in 2000! I got six rolls, 36 exp each, for $16, which as far as I've looked on eBay, is a pretty good price. It's European-market film, although made in the USA. I've read it's possibly the same stuff as the original Kodacolor VR that was made up until the 1980s. Other sources say it's just rebranded Kodak Gold. All of them say it's pretty cheap film.  :D I haven't shot any yet, but I'll be really interested to.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

FrontSideBus

View Posts
View Gallery

FrontSideBus
Re: Anybody here into film photography? « Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 02:21:18 PM » Author: FrontSideBus
I quite like Kodak Colorplus 200 for just messing around with. At £1 a roll from Poundland (UK discount store) you can't go wrong. It has very good grain and the colours are very saturated. Gives everything that 1970's look but it doesn't react well to fluorescent or discharge lighting, it seems very sensitive to the mercury lines in the spectrum.

Bulbs are for planting: Lamps are for lighting!
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11271

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Anybody here into film photography? « Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 06:59:34 PM » Author: nogden
Hello from another film photographer! I shoot, develop, and print both black and white and color 35mm. Used to print a lot of B&W but lately have gotten more into color. Luckily the school where I work full-time has a beautiful darkroom that no one uses but me! They let me have free reign of the place since there isn't a traditional photography class anymore. I don't develop my own color film but I do my own color printing. B&W I do the whole process myself. For day-to-day photography I shoot digital, but my artwork photography I use exclusively film and print myself.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Anybody here into film photography? « Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 10:54:40 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I had three more rolls which Mom has had lying around for years developed the other day. Turns out two of them were shot by me some 10 years ago on my toy camera I had, and would you believe it, among them are about half a dozen pictures I took of some light bulbs I had, way back in the day! They're crap, but I'm gonna upload them here eventually, for nostalgia's sake.

Oh, I never mentioned, but I uploaded a YouTube video shortly after I obtained the Minolta, showing all the pictures on the first roll I shot with it. You can see them here:

http://youtu.be/7Pt0I6R0G64?t=14m45s

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody here into film photography? « Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 09:54:06 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I honestly prefer digital but I like having tangible storage that's not electronic (namely, film negatives).  I haven't shot anything on film in probably 6 or 7 years now though.  My mother passed away last December and I'm still receiving boxes of pictures, etc. and thinking "Just imagine how only a decade ago you had to drive to the drugstore with your spend disposable camera and wait a whole HOUR?" Are disposable film cameras still kinda popular?
FrontSideBus

View Posts
View Gallery

FrontSideBus
Re: Anybody here into film photography? « Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 04:07:35 PM » Author: FrontSideBus
Old film camera from 1994 works perfectly with lens from 2010 :)

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Anybody here into film photography? « Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 04:12:18 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Nice! The Minolta Maxxum cameras have that compatibility with current Sony Alpha lenses, as well.

FrontSideBus

View Posts
View Gallery

FrontSideBus
Re: Anybody here into film photography? « Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 10:58:15 AM » Author: FrontSideBus
Would be interesting to see that :)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies