Author Topic: Antique two stroke engines  (Read 9349 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #30 on: December 10, 2015, 11:10:12 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I'll probably buy a whole new gasket set for it in the near future anyway. Any idea how to get all the rust off of it? I tried electrolysis last year, but that setup failed miserably. Probably old fashioned hand sanding is what I'll do. If I can get that far. I'd like to make this engine real nice, but I have a real problem getting stuff done. With my pathetic rental house and dilapidated garage, almost no projects can take place. Just about the only thing I can do is repaint old fluorescent fixtures.
Aveoguy22
Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 11:14:17 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
I'll probably buy a whole new gasket set for it in the near future anyway. Any idea how to get all the rust off of it? I tried electrolysis last year, but that setup failed miserably. Probably old fashioned hand sanding is what I'll do. If I can get that far. I'd like to make this engine real nice, but I have a real problem getting stuff done. With my pathetic rental house and dilapidated garage, almost no projects can take place. Just about the only thing I can do is repaint old fluorescent fixtures.

wire brush works pretty good.  I usually make my own gaskets.  I get the old engines when I can (when I have money!) as its one of my main hobbies, if not my front-most hobby (along with minibikes/scooters/mopeds and antique lanterns and electrical lighting).  too many hobbies and not enough time/money to enjoy them with. 
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 11:16:42 PM » Author: Solanaceae
When we were getting white out at Walmart, they asked for a drivers license. I guess this is a problem here too, since some giblet head huffed it in science class of 6th grade. ::)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 11:17:30 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Cool! Now I know who to ask when I have a question. Are you a member of Smokstak forums? I just signed up tonight.

LOL at "giblet head." I can't believe they wanted one for White Out!
Aveoguy22
Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #34 on: December 10, 2015, 11:18:43 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
When we were getting white out at Walmart, they asked for a drivers license. I guess this is a problem here too, since some giblet head huffed it in science class of 6th grade. ::)
how the hell do you huff whiteout?  does it even have fumes?  they might as well do it for sharpies also.  at least those smell good
Aveoguy22
Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #35 on: December 10, 2015, 11:20:12 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
Cool! Now I know who to ask when I have a question. Are you a member of Smokstak forums? I just signed up tonight.

LOL at "giblet head." I can't believe they wanted one for White Out!
yes I am on smokstak.  im "lanterncollector" on there if you wanna message me
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #36 on: December 10, 2015, 11:21:46 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
When I was in 3rd grade I told a stupid redneck kid to smell it. It isn't like he had any brain cells to lose. Boy did I get (....) for that.
Aveoguy22
Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #37 on: December 10, 2015, 11:30:44 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
When I was in 3rd grade I told a stupid redneck kid to smell it. It isn't like he had any brain cells to lose. Boy did I get (....) for that.

it was well over 10 years ago now but I still remember in my 4th grade class someone was huffing model glue in the back of the room and passed out.  had to call an ambulance for that.  what a idiot.  he was always one of the (....) getting in trouble
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:32:22 PM by Aveoguy22 » Logged
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #38 on: December 10, 2015, 11:42:38 PM » Author: Solanaceae
That's a classic Dave. Sounds like something I'd say, since my school is 75% redneck. :P :o
Three idiot morons at my school got into serious trouble from smoking weed at the gas station across from the school. One got transferred to a different program for dum dums, one dropped out, and one moved away. I don't like to say this, but my school seems to be the overflow pond for trashy peeps from the city. :-\
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:50:18 PM by Solanaceae » Logged

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Aveoguy22
Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #39 on: December 10, 2015, 11:49:09 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
you can also subscribe to gas engine magazine.  I'm subscribed and theres all kinds of info in it.  lots of classified ads at the back too.  heres an issue from 1977.  they still print it bi-monthly.  heres the website: www.gasenginemagazine.com
 theres also a maytag collectors club to join:

www.maytagclub.com
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:53:50 PM by Aveoguy22 » Logged
Aveoguy22
Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #40 on: December 11, 2015, 10:20:50 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
Hey Dave, I see over on smokstak that you got the '92 running.  good job! congrats!  8)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #41 on: December 11, 2015, 10:37:11 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Sweet, good show!

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Antique two stroke engines « Reply #42 on: December 12, 2015, 08:13:06 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Thanks! I tried to get a video up, but I don't have Wi-Fi right now.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies