Author Topic: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap  (Read 3930 times)
Larry

View Posts
View Gallery

Rated PG 17

F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « on: March 16, 2014, 07:13:46 PM » Author: Larry
Looks like Grainger is getting out of the bulb business.

They are having a clearance sale on F96PGT17.

http://www.grainger.com/product/GE-LIGHTING-Fluorescent-Linear-Lamp-1F304

I just bought a case of them as I don't think you will ever see a better price on these.

Update: 3/17/14
Well now I am told that they are discontinued and they suggested I change my order to a 96 inch T12 VHO replacement bulb at $45 each in a case of 15 for only $675 plus tax and shipping. :o

Sounds like a typical Grainger Bait and switch deal to me.  >:( >:( >:(

I am going to wait and see as the web page still has them listed for sale today 4/9/14.

Temporarily unavailable. Will ship as it becomes available.
The product will be reserved for you when you complete your order.

My paid order was completed and accepted by Grainger 3/16/14 and was stated on my order that they would be sent to me.
I still have the copy of my order conformation.
My order has not been cancelled.
So I still expect to receive them. (I guess) ??? ???

Just so you know if anyone decides to order.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 03:15:44 AM by Larry » Logged

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's GE Power Groove

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 02:05:41 PM » Author: nicksfans
I doubt Powergrooves will be banned simply due to the incredibly low production volume. It is far more likely, I think, that GE will cease production due to lack of demand. For the few fixtures that still need them, there's always VHO.

Speaking of which, Powergroove lamps and ballasts are completely interchangeable with VHO, correct?

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Larry

View Posts
View Gallery

Rated PG 17

Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 03:18:09 PM » Author: Larry
I doubt Powergrooves will be banned simply due to the incredibly low production volume. It is far more likely, I think, that GE will cease production due to lack of demand. For the few fixtures that still need them, there's always VHO.

Speaking of which, Powergroove lamps and ballasts are completely interchangeable with VHO, correct?

Yeah I agree, I am surprised production went this long.

I am not sure which ballast would be the best one to use with the PGs.
I hope someone here can recommend the best one to use that might fit in my 4 year old Home Depot double 8 foot strip fixture with the 120 volt electronic ::) ballast.

If it will fit. :o

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 12:17:33 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Wow, that's really shady. Let us know how they handle it if you call them.

Imagine if all the members on here who would jump at a deal like that (and I know a few) just start ordering huge quantities. That would teach them to list something that they have no intention of ever shipping.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Larry

View Posts
View Gallery

Rated PG 17

Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 12:51:03 AM » Author: Larry
Wow, that's really shady. Let us know how they handle it if you call them.

Imagine if all the members on here who would jump at a deal like that (and I know a few) just start ordering huge quantities. That would teach them to list something that they have no intention of ever shipping.

What gets me is if they said they were all sold out, I would not have ordered in the first place.
They get you on a hook then try to pull you in.
I will wait and see what happens.
I have had trouble with Grainger several years ago and stopped buying there because of it.
Looks like they have not changed much.

Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 10:18:35 PM » Author: Alights
Grainer is always expensive too! We order from graybar
Larry

View Posts
View Gallery

Rated PG 17

Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 05:24:22 PM » Author: Larry
Well here is a update on these bulbs.
Looks like Grainger dropped the ball again.
Just because you have a confirmed order, means nothing at Grainger it seems. >:(

Phone conversation with Grainger (Edited for the general public)

I was told today 3/31/14 that my order was not canceled, but could not be filled because the bulbs are sold eight at a time and they only had five.

So I said, well fine, then send me five.
No we can't do that because they are only sold as eight.
But the web site shows they are still for sale.

Yes, but only sold as eight and we don't have eight, only five.
And we can't sell you five because they are only sold as eight and we don't have eight.

Are they going to be restocked?
No.

Then why did you not cancel the order?
Because they are still in stock.

We don't cancel the order as long as they are still in stock.
The items are still listed for sale on the web site as long as they are in stock.

If they are still in stock then send me the five.
Can't because they are sold as eight only.

Do you realize how stupid this is? ::)
Yes.

Then just cancel the order.
Ok.

As of today 04/09/14 they are still listed for sale on the web site even though you can't buy any. ::)

You can still order them, but you just can't buy them. :P
I have a severe dislike for Grainger.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 03:16:44 AM by Larry » Logged

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 05:54:57 PM » Author: nicksfans
That is beyond ridiculous. What do they think they're going to do with five then?

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 11:37:03 PM » Author: mrboojay
That is crazy!  They won't sell so few as five at a time but are never going to get more than five!  Ridiculous honestly...  I hope the order really gets cancelled.  And to still have them on the website?  How did they even end up with 5 anyway?  I thought they only sold in packs of 8? :P

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 01:01:28 AM » Author: Medved
I would expect they accidentally break some, so replaced them from other packs. And the other pack then stayed incomplete.

But what I do not understand: If I would have such incomplete goods without the possibility to sell normally, I would try to find ways to sell them at reduced price or so, just to get rid of them and get at least some money from that. I would guess it is the manager's laziness to solve that...
Being an owner of that store, I guess that manager there will have hard time to explain this to me...

No more selfballasted c***

mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 04:44:22 AM » Author: mrboojay
I would expect they accidentally break some, so replaced them from other packs. And the other pack then stayed incomplete.

OK, that makes sense.

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 03:07:49 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
So let me get this straight. They don't have enough in stock to ship them out. But they still have them on the site since they still have some. But they're not going to get more. But they're keeping them on the site because they still have some. But they're never going to be able to ship them out.

!!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!???!??!!?

So what are they going to do, keep those five lamps in their warehouse and on the site for the rest of eternity, and then complain to everyone who tries to order them??
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:11:14 PM by TheMaritimeMan » Logged

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 07:24:24 PM » Author: nogden
Apparently they are going to keep them on their site for eternity -- they are still there!
randacnam7321

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 03:59:14 AM » Author: randacnam7321
I have seen some Grainger clearance sale items where the minimum quantity to ship something to a branch was less than that for a regular delivery.  This would probably require some telephone calls as their online order handling system would probably soil its undergarments under such conditions.

Old school FTW!

RichD

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F96PGT17 clearance sale cheap « Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 07:03:26 PM » Author: RichD
Maybe they'll just donate them to a ReStore near their warehouse.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies