Author Topic: lampi warmweib?  (Read 1432 times)
toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

lampi warmweib? « on: October 28, 2014, 08:21:45 AM » Author: toomanybulbs
i thought lampi was a usa company?
or did they source lamps from their german side?
have 2 20w t12 "warmweib 30"
cant remember how to reproduce the odd letters.
all the parts inside are us made.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: lampi warmweib? « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:27:07 PM » Author: Medved
Lampi is a German brand...

It took me quite some while to decipher the "warmweib" :-D
It was for sure "warmweiß", so correct spelling is then "warmweiss" when you do not have the "ß" character available...
And it does mean "warm white"...

No more selfballasted c***

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: lampi warmweiß? « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 08:53:16 PM » Author: sol
The Eszett symbol (ß) in German is used after long vowels and diphthongs instead of ss. Most languages that use diacritical marks in the Roman alphabet do so originally as a sort of short hand to replace certain letters. For example, the circumflex accent in French usually replaces an s (bastiment is written bâtiment, maistre is written maître, etc) although with the 1990 orthographic reform, most accented characters in nouns are now gone. In German, the umlaut is often used to replace the letter e. For example, München (the city) can be spelled Muenchen. Same applies to the name Müller which can be spelled Mueller. Interestingly, the German umlaut is always omitted and the e is always used if the word in question is written in all capitals. For example, while it would be customary to write München, instead of writing MÜNCHEN, one would write MUENCHEN.

OK, removing the language teacher hat and putting on the lighting enthusiast hat. ;)
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: lampi warmweib? « Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 01:46:41 AM » Author: Medved

Well, to practice the language is one of the reasons I'm here, so I try to as well return that favor, when I can... ;-)

No more selfballasted c***

toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: lampi warmweib? « Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 08:57:05 AM » Author: toomanybulbs
language lessons and bulb info in the same thread.
gotta post pics and find out who made em next.
these fixtures got modded for special projects.an electronic t8 ballast was installed along with a /950 tube for a photo tent.
so these are still nearly new.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies