Author Topic: eBay has been blocked off in China  (Read 4548 times)
Powergroove

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 06:02:54 PM » Author: Powergroove
Isn't this the off topic section? Like it or not politics has had a very negative impact on what lighting products are available. As far as the USA goes people need to quit being liberals and conservatives and start being Americans.

Keep government out of the lighting industry.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 02:16:27 PM » Author: Ash
Some Amazon servers are also blocked in Russia. The official reason is blocking Telegram, which is a platform for spreading "extremism" (the official term of the Russian government to label pretty much anything they dont like). A notable side effect is, many "smart" appliances (both from big companies like Samsung and noname Ebay stuff) don't work as well because they use the same servers to route their signalling

So maybe it is a side effect of trying to block something else that happened to be on the same servers, or in the same IP address range (according to the mask that was chosen)

As an IT, it bothers me that in the screenshot you (Men of God) posted, there IS the icon of "secure connection". Maybe it is just that, the data stream was interrupted after the certificate was received and then it is not a sign of a problem, but if for example you get a "this site is blocked" page STILL WITH the "secure connection" icon, this means that your device accepts fake certificates without complaining, and that would be bad

Also, Men of God, is this common thing in China to use "hand writing" fonts as operating system fonts ? Is there some reason for this ?
Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 08:56:12 PM » Author: Men of God
Yes, in mainland China, mobile phone manufacturers have their own theme and font store, we can choose according to their own preferences and download their favorite theme, background or fonts, Of course, some items are to be charged, but it is not very expensive, I now use this theme is charged, as long as you pay and download, you can have it forever!

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 07:09:43 PM » Author: Men of God
I just saw President Trump's Twitter feed yesterday, and the day after tomorrow, the 25 tariff is going to hit China, and maybe I'm going to say goodbye to eBay, because CCP is definitely going to impose retaliatory tariffs, and we're going to have to scrutinize packages imported from the United States. So I had to quit …It's a small thing for us people, but it's like the sky fell for CCP, but brought it on themselves!

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: eBay has been blocked off in China « Reply #19 on: May 07, 2019, 02:20:59 PM » Author: Ash
Whatever they do with eBay can be overcome - by that or another form of VPN

This does not solve the problem of poking into the real world packages bought from there, allthough i don't think the Chinese government cares about things like lighting components imported for personal use. They would be much more interested in things like shipment of books and DVDs...
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies