Author Topic: Lighting Question  (Read 1319 times)
Mst4581

View Posts
View Gallery

Lighting Question « on: November 19, 2014, 01:35:54 PM » Author: Mst4581
There is a shopping center that use to have parking lights that would be on a timer. They would come on and go off every day at the same time no matter if it was dark, etc. Now they have shoebox lights and they come on at various times everyday depending on the weather conditons. One day they may come on at 2pm and the next 4:20pm. My question is, how was this change done. Does modern lighting run on sensors now instead of vintage ones that ran on a timer?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Lighting Question « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 02:03:05 PM » Author: dor123
They may begam to change the turning on time of the timer.
Or if the lamp turning on and off according to the sunset and sunrise times, operating with a PC.
Also, there are digital streetlight controllers, that have their turning on/off times, being updated by a table of sunrise and sunset times (Like in the case of Haifa roadlighting).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Lighting Question « Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 06:31:12 PM » Author: nicksfans
My guess is that they bypassed the timer and the new lights have individual photocontrols.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies