Author Topic: Anybody here garden?  (Read 1997 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Anybody here garden? « on: May 23, 2015, 01:46:41 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I'm just wondering if anyone here gardens? I have a veg/herb garden in the making, the seedlings are growing under f32t8 6500K starcoat tubes and it works pretty well for germination. I have a small flower bed in the back as well as the front yard has a stone bordered flower bed. It had day lilies, azaleas, dianthuses, and a rhododendron and dogwood trees.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody here garden? « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 01:29:11 AM » Author: ace100w120v
I do but am not as serious as many people.  This winter I had some stuff going under a 1970s Sears shoplight with a GE Bonusline HPF .80a PCB-containing ballast and 90s GE Plant & Aquarium lamps.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody here garden? « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:24:38 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I kept the cactuses and others Alive under a 4x 32 fixture from habitat with 6500k starcoat lamps.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody here garden? « Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 12:26:21 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I just went to check out the flowers and some little tick turd chip munks all but uprooted my Russian saje plant. I gave it water and covered the holes with the loose soil and it shows new groth. I also went to check granny's flowerbed and the little rabbits gnawed off the asiatic lily flower buds.  >:(

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody here garden? « Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 12:28:13 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Ugh garden pests! Here it's the SLUGS! :o
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody here garden? « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 01:03:41 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I have a problem with gnats and gnat grubs in the potted stuff, so neem oil and bayer insect powder kill them off no problem.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody here garden? « Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 01:22:49 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Oh yeah, aphids can be a real pain too.
And DEER! Not only do the deer demolish my rhododendron quite regularly, but the DOG eats it too! ::)Funny and not funny at the same time LOL.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody here garden? « Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 01:32:34 AM » Author: Solanaceae
We planted corn in 2012 and the chipmunks, raccoons, and deer formed a triple entente and destroyed the garden. The rabbits are jerks at my grannys house (they are her asiatic lily flower buds off!). Aphids are a pain. If you see honeyvine milkweed pull it. The aphids always are on patrol with those plants and eat them. I had to break out the vintage xylene based pesticide to kill them off. I haven't seen one yet.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies