Author Topic: preheat starter sockets  (Read 2818 times)
DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

preheat starter sockets « on: September 18, 2007, 04:33:17 AM » Author: DaveMan
These seem to be pretty hard to come by. In particular I'm looking for starter sockets that have a clip in U-bracket behind them so they can be snapped into a hole and be just the right size so that the starter doesn't obstruct the tube. The other type of starter socket I can't find anywhere is the birdcage type starter holders that come with Lithonia preheat strip fixtures. Its funny how new preheat fixtures and undercabinet lights come with these most often yet they are near impossible to find in stores or online.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: preheat starter sockets « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:22:51 AM » Author: J-Frog
I went to a lighting store to look for those for you yesterday but seems they didn't have any starter sockets at all.  They sure had just about every socket known to man for fluorescent lamps though!

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: preheat starter sockets « Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 11:14:18 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I believe I do have one, if I can find it, I'll let you have it!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: preheat starter sockets « Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 07:18:45 PM » Author: arcblue
I recently ordered starter sockets from Atlanta Light Bulbs.com - they have several types and they are inexpensive if you order enough stuff from them to make the shipping cost worth it. The ones I have, have wires attached to wire them for inline use (for my undercabinet fixtures that do not currently have replaceable starters) - they don't snap into anything so they probably wouldn't work in your case, but I could probably spare one if you need just one.

I'm lampin...

Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: preheat starter sockets « Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 12:06:02 AM » Author: Alights
my lighting store has a big box of them. though not the clip types. for $0.57 each plus $2 shiping.  pm me if interested
Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: preheat starter sockets « Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 12:42:37 PM » Author: Mercury Man
Dave, remember we found those starter sockets at Lighting-Plus in NYC?  I plan to make a trip there sometime soon, before the Christmas holiday, so if anyone would like a few of them, please let me know and I will purchase some and send them off (provided I am reimbursed for shipping).
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies