Author Topic: Something annoying about Habitat here  (Read 1543 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Something annoying about Habitat here « on: January 04, 2020, 10:39:10 PM » Author: Cole D.
I keep finding boxes here at Habitat with nothing in them. Like I found a GFCI box that was empty and a vintage Leviton porcelain pull chain socket box. Plus the other day they got in a CFL outdoor fixture in the box. Later I came back and the fixture was removed from box with cover on one shelf and rest on another.

Then there was a CFL cylinder fixture and somebody took the cylinder part and left rest of it.

Also there were some Westinghouse transistor radios, vintage ones in the boxes and they opened them up and scattered everything around.

Really annoying that people do that. In fact much of the upstairs is just junk now because people mess everything up and won't put it back properly after look at it.  >:(

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Something annoying about Habitat here « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 10:51:23 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Same here. Sometimes I find the item somewhere else not even close to the lighting section.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Something annoying about Habitat here « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 12:11:36 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
They remove the item from the box and then take it to the counter and say"how much is this ,there's no price" knowing the employees on the floor will give a really low price . My ReStore had 3 GE 400 w HPS ballasts in their boxes for $75 each (yeah right!) after about 6 months the boxes disappeared along with the hdwe kits . I asked on the price of them and the guy said "$2 ea. " I bought all 3 complete with caps and ignitors . 

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Something annoying about Habitat here « Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 12:14:41 AM » Author: Cole D.
I was kind of thinking the same thing, since the GFCI boxes had $2 on them. The regular wiring devices and sockets are all 50 cents and they don't put a prices on them. They just have book at counter that says plumbing this much, wiring devices this much, etc.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Something annoying about Habitat here « Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 07:26:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The only annoying thing about Habitat here, is that it's not.  :'(

You are so lucky over the pond having this marvellous resource.  :'(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Something annoying about Habitat here « Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 06:17:38 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Are we on about Habitat the homeware store?, don’t they have one up north??, or is the US Habitat something different?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Something annoying about Habitat here « Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 09:28:14 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Are we on about Habitat the homeware store?, don’t they have one up north??, or is the US Habitat something different?
It's the Habitat for Humanity restores where over the pond they get great bargains on lighting.

We used to have one of the homeware stores here but they closed down.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies