Author Topic: Anyone ever seen one of these?  (Read 1549 times)
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Anyone ever seen one of these? « on: April 17, 2014, 03:17:22 PM » Author: nicksfans
Several years ago, I bought a very interesting fluorescent fixture at the ReStore. At first glance, it looked like a run-of-the-mill 2x40 industrial fixture. What made it interesting is that it was actually F48T12/HO, and the steel reflector wasn't attached with clips, but with two nuts. Toward each end, near the lampholders, there was a 3/8" (I think) machine thread poking through a hole in the reflector, onto which the nuts would be fastened. This fixture was also very well-built and heavy, especially for its time (I'd guess 1990s). Also, the ballast was a magnetic Advance. I know I took pictures of this thing but I haven't been able to find them. Anyway, I wish I had kept it, but I ended up giving it to a former teacher who now uses it for growing plants. This was before I became as interested in cool fluorescent lights as I am now. I suppose I could get it back if I wanted to (perhaps trade for a different one) but I don't really have a good place to use it.

Has anyone ever seen one of these? Maybe even know the manufacturer? I don't think F48T12/HO fixtures are too common, especially in the "industrial" format.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Anyone ever seen one of these? « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 11:40:40 PM » Author: nicksfans
Thought I'd post an update. Turns out that the former teacher I gave the light to is not using it anymore, and I should be getting it back soon. Expect photos to show up in my gallery over the next week or so. I'll also be sure to check the date code on the ballast.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

RichD

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone ever seen one of these? « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 07:16:53 PM » Author: RichD
I've seen a similar 4ft HO fixture. Its still in use, helping to light one of the bays of a local car repair shop. Its a beauty, and I'm still hoping I can get my hands on it someday if the owner ever gets around to accepting our local utility's offer to "upgrade" his lighting at reduced cost.  ;)I have no idea who made it.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies