Author Topic: [Found] In need of a mogul base socket or adapter  (Read 2252 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
[Found] In need of a mogul base socket or adapter « on: December 27, 2014, 05:54:54 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Hi all, in light of a recent lamp acquisition, I am in need of either a mogul base socket or a medium to mogul adapter. I can't find one in any hardware store here, and sellers on eBay want ridiculous prices to ship one to Canada, and even to the US is quite a few bucks... If anyone has one they can spare, I'm willing to pay. Shipping will be to Canada.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:20:20 AM by TheMaritimeMan » Logged

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

ggillis

View Posts
View Gallery

AEL 175W NEMA

Re: In need of a mogul base socket or adapter « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:39:12 PM » Author: ggillis
I think Harris & Roome has mogul sockets for a reasonable price.

Red Seal Electrician

Click on the link below to view my gallery:

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11790

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: In need of a mogul base socket or adapter « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 06:49:39 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Hmm... There's one in Saint John, but I won't be heading there any time soon. Certainly an option to keep in mind if I don't get one from somewheres else, though. Thanks.

DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: In need of a mogul base socket or adapter « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 02:36:09 AM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
I have an extra mogul socket, but I would think you should be able to find one locally. So many fixtures use them that an electrical supply store should have them in stock.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: In need of a mogul base socket or adapter « Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 02:24:25 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I would think so too, but neither Canadian Tire or Walmart had one, and the closest thing True Value had was a mogul to medium adapter (opposite of what I need). It just occurred to me, though, that I forgot to check Ace Hardware. I suppose I should look there next time I'm out.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: In need of a mogul base socket or adapter « Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 04:02:10 PM » Author: funkybulb
Try a electrical supply house if u have one in your area

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: In need of a mogul base socket or adapter « Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 05:13:12 PM » Author: lights*plus
Hi all, in light of a recent lamp acquisition, I am in need of either a mogul base socket or a medium to mogul adapter. I can't find one in any hardware store here, and sellers on eBay want ridiculous prices to ship one to Canada, and even to the US is quite a few bucks... If anyone has one they can spare, I'm willing to pay. Shipping will be to Canada.

Hard to find in Canada and the exchange rate right now is a real killer on any US ebay purchases! If you haven't found one yet, I have a brand new one I can send from Montreal. PM me.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: In need of a mogul base socket or adapter « Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 05:28:02 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Thanks for the offer. It turns out Ace didn't have one either. I have no need for one at the moment and I'm back at my apartment now, so I'll hold off in case I find one myself somewhere else. If I decide to later, I'll message you on the off-chance you still have it. Thanks.

refridgedude1841

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: In need of a mogul base socket or adapter « Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 10:06:21 PM » Author: refridgedude1841
I have some medium to mogul adapters...PM me if you want one.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies