Author Topic: Your Ancestry  (Read 1539 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Your Ancestry « on: October 16, 2021, 09:13:17 PM » Author: CEB1993
Hello everyone, I did the Ancestry.com DNA analysis and it was fascinating. Attached are my results…

I had a pretty good idea of most of my heritage (Scotland, England, and Ireland) however, I was really surprised by the smaller amounts of Swedish and Eastern European (Poland, Slovakia, etc.)

My specific DNA breakdown:

England and NW Europe: 48%
Scotland: 30%
Ireland: 9%
Sweden/Denmark: 8%
Wales: 4%
Eastern Europe: 1%

I know this DNA analysis was accurate because it identified my living grandparents as “close relatives.”

Has anyone ever traced their ancestry or had any interest in their family heritage?

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Your Ancestry « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 12:01:04 AM » Author: Bulbman256
1/4 polish, 1/4 slovak, 1/2 stuff i don't know. If you see my last name, its very well true. :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Your Ancestry « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 12:01:39 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We'll never submit to one of those 'send us your DNA' tests as we don't know what will happen to that data.  :wndr:

They can give you reassurances till the cows come home that it won't be used by anyone else but you never know.  :-\

Anyway, from what I know from family history is that I've got a mixture of:

Scottish
English
Irish
Welsh
Spanish
Flemish

and probably French  :wndr:

I'm a real moggie.  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your Ancestry « Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 12:04:56 PM » Author: Rommie
My father was Welsh and my mother was a true London Cockney, so I'm not sure what that makes me  :mrg:

As far as I can trace back, I'm pretty much 50/50 English and Welsh, though.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your Ancestry « Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 03:22:30 PM » Author: Rommie
1/4 polish, 1/4 slovak, 1/2 stuff i don't know. If you see my last name, its very well true. :mrg:
Given you were born in the US, Max, I would say you're an American, oh and a total nutter  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your Ancestry « Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 03:38:39 PM » Author: suzukir122
I don't know much about my family heritage in extreme detail, but I will say that I'm half Barbadian, and half (black) American.
I'm black, but I don't know if I've got any other family history within me other than Barbados. Everyone on my mom's side of the family
is from Barbados.
This is something that I eventually want to dig deeper into though.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Your Ancestry « Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 09:25:56 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Well i’m pretty confusing lol

White
Japanese
Swedish
African American

i’ll need to find out the exact percentages but ik i have all those in me

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your Ancestry « Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 10:52:31 PM » Author: suzukir122
There may be a chance, I think, that I have a little bit of French in me as well. I doubt it, but it's not all that impossible

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your Ancestry « Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 01:19:35 PM » Author: CEB1993
I was very surprised because I thought I had a good idea of my mom’s  side of the family before taking the DNA analysis.

I always thought her side was French and German. However, my DNA reveals Swedish, Polish, and other Eastern European. Perhaps my ancestors were immigrants from further north and east in Europe much earlier than we ever knew till seeing my results.

I expected some Native American too, however turns out I’m 0%. I can now say with certainty that my roots go as far back as Scotland, England, Sweden, and Poland, with various ancestors migrating and settling in other parts of Europe. It’s a good start to learning more.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Your Ancestry « Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 12:53:52 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Mostly French in my case. But I've been told my grandmother (father's side) was 1/4 Irish or something like that.  :wndr:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies