Author Topic: Disassembling Burgess Safari Lite  (Read 2637 times)
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Disassembling Burgess Safari Lite « on: February 03, 2015, 03:37:59 PM » Author: Medved
I'm happy to announce I became an excited owner of one of the very few Burgess Safari lite in Europe, I won it on e-bay and it have just arrived, it is the model 165/3, so the one made under Gould.
But does someone know, how to disassemble the lantern?
The bottom cover and lens come quite easily (two screws).
But the two plastic halves are hold together by the back side stripe and the top side cover, these two, together with the two plastic side covers appear to be interlocked together.
Apparently I just do not know the correct disassemble procedure, the connections do not appear to be clamped so, it won't come apart, so it really is one key move I do not know...
Before using it, I would like to inspect the internals and clean the battery contacts (that is the only way to operate it in the short term - 96 LR6's are easier to get than a 230/120V transformer in the short time).

No more selfballasted c***

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Disassembling Burgess Safari Lite « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 12:53:06 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Nice. If there will be any pictures, I will be interested to see them.

If you contact user Ultralume, he might know how to disassemble it. The older 165/2 model has screws on the top, and by the looks of this picture, there is glue holding it on, as well. So I would guess the 165/3 model has just the glue, but I don't know for sure.

If you do want to try it on 240V AC power, you could try it on low mode. The resistor might get hot after a while, but I think for a short test it would be fine, and the lamp wouldn't be overdriven.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disassembling Burgess Safari Lite « Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 02:53:42 PM » Author: Medved
I just wrote him a PM, hoping he would get it and will be able to help...

I plan to make some photos, but after it will light... ;-)

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Disassembling Burgess Safari Lite « Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 01:24:56 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Did you ever hear anything back?

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Disassembling Burgess Safari Lite « Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 02:06:57 AM » Author: Medved
No, not yet... :-(

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Disassembling Burgess Safari Lite « Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 02:23:27 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
That's unfortunate. I checked his profile, and indeed he hasn't visited the site since January.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies