Author Topic: How is the lamp lifespan controlled?  (Read 4668 times)
Lanternbro

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How is the lamp lifespan controlled? « Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 06:35:13 PM » Author: Lanternbro
GE and Sylvania are now making lo Hg HPS bulbs.Have used these-they seem to produce a more yellow light than the older style bulbs.I don't know if its just me or has this been the same with everyone else thats has tried lo HG HPS bulbs here?

Philips actually has 0-hg bulbs.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: How is the lamp lifespan controlled? « Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 09:32:10 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I saw than and I'm pretty sure they use krypton or argon in lieu of mercury.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: How is the lamp lifespan controlled? « Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 05:46:35 AM » Author: dor123
The HG free HPS lamp, have a higher 200torr xenon pressure. So the ignition is assisted by a starting antenna running alongside the arctube.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How is the lamp lifespan controlled? « Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 08:41:45 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I've seen those before and they resembled the Mercury vapor retrofit bulbs that you'll see cycle through or I've seen the city replace the dead Mercury bulbs with them.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How is the lamp lifespan controlled? « Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 09:59:52 AM » Author: dor123
The HG free HPS lamps (Philips and Havells-Sylvania producing them), have an ugly yellow color, but I never seen them here.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How is the lamp lifespan controlled? « Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 01:12:00 PM » Author: Solanaceae
We may have them here, but they are only used in 250w street lights and the color turns yucky with age. The anti cycle ones seem to burn their sodium up and then go through their Mercury and xenon.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How is the lamp lifespan controlled? « Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 04:46:23 PM » Author: Ash
I am yet to see one of them myself. What actually the color becomes like ?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How is the lamp lifespan controlled? « Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 05:08:24 AM » Author: dor123
HG free HPS lamps, don't cycles at all, and retains their color until EOL.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How is the lamp lifespan controlled? « Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 11:31:40 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I have seen them. They start out as a nice pinkish oranje glow and turn to a yucky sludje color with age.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies