Author Topic: Automatic Photo Rotation  (Read 6476 times)
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Automatic Photo Rotation « on: August 08, 2016, 08:14:55 PM » Author: Patrick
Many digital cameras store an "orientation" tag along with each image captured.  This flag provides the suggested viewing position, which may differ from the actual orientation of the image if the camera was not upright at the time the photograph was taken.

In the past our software did not recognize this flag, and you were required to manually rotate your pictures, either before or after uploading.  If you've ever had your image appear upside down or sideways, this was the reason.  Now we will rotate your photos automatically during the upload, and provide you with the option to use the recommended orientation (default) or the actual orientation.  You will be presented with this choice any time the recommended orientation differs from the physical orientation.  Refer to the attached screenshot for an example.

As before, you can always rotate an image manually after uploading by opening photo in your album and choosing "Crop and Rotate."  If you have any questions or encounter any issues with this feature, let us know.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:16:26 PM by Patrick » Logged

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Automatic Photo Rotation « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 08:16:18 PM » Author: Lumex120
Many digital cameras store an "orientation" tag along with each image captured.  This flag provides the suggested viewing position, which may differ from the actual orientation of the image if the camera was not upright at the time the photograph was taken.

In the past our software did not recognize this flag, and you were required to manually rotate your pictures, either before or after uploading.  If you've ever had your image appear upside down or sideways, this was the reason.  Now we will rotate your photos automatically during the upload, and provide you with the option to use the recommended orientation (default) or the actual orientation.  You will be presented with this choice any time the recommended orientation differs from the physical orientation.  Refer to the attached screenshot for an example.

As before, you can always rotate an image manually after uploading by opening photo in your album and choosing "Crop and Rotate."  If you have any questions or encounter any issues with this feature, let us know.
I was wondering what those weird pics were. Nice that it will do it automatically now!

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Automatic Photo Rotation « Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 08:29:03 PM » Author: wattMaster
But they were uploaded by someone else?
Finally a solution for rotation problems! If only this applied to my Spanish incandescent photo.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Automatic Photo Rotation « Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 04:26:18 PM » Author: Flurofan96
This has been a lifesaver for me because I had to use crop and rotate after posting. Thanks to the admins for introducing this feature  :)

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies