Author Topic: Help identify this bulb!  (Read 1835 times)
Zoisbulb
Help identify this bulb! « on: April 23, 2015, 11:29:06 PM » Author: Zoisbulb
Looking to replace this bulb. It was used as my outdoor light.  Here are two pictures of it.  All my normal household bulbs I've tried won't work in place of it.
Zoisbulb
Re: Help identify this bulb! « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 11:50:54 PM » Author: Zoisbulb
It says LRG on there. Is that the base? It seems to be the exact size as a good ol' regular household bulb.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Help identify this bulb! « Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 08:41:35 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Looking to replace this bulb. It was used as my outdoor light.  Here are two pictures of it.  All my normal household bulbs I've tried won't work in place of it.
are you sure the problem isn't deeper than the bulb? You may have electrical issues. Try getting a probe tester with a neon bulb and stick one probe on each contact of the socket. If it isn't working, you may have a power problem.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Help identify this bulb! « Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 04:38:17 PM » Author: nicksfans
WITH THE POWER OFF, take a flat-head screwdriver and gently pry the tab at the bottom of the socket upward. It's possible that it has been pushed down too far and isn't making good contact anymore. I can't think of any reason why a normal light bulb wouldn't work in place of this one other than a lack of power to the bulb. If prying up the tab doesn't do the trick, you may need to replace the socket in the fixture or look for further electrical problems.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Help identify this bulb! « Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 02:52:09 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Have you tried the original bulb in another socket?

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

ggillis

View Posts
View Gallery

AEL 175W NEMA

Re: Help identify this bulb! « Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 04:30:12 PM » Author: ggillis
Looks like an old Sylvania chimney bulb.  As other members have said, try prying the center contact up or check for power, could be a failed switch or something like that.

Red Seal Electrician

Click on the link below to view my gallery:

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11790

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies