Author Topic: When did "Tulamp" ballast production stop?  (Read 1844 times)
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
When did "Tulamp" ballast production stop? « on: August 09, 2014, 02:57:45 AM » Author: nicksfans
I always thought that the once-ubiquitous F40 Tulamp preheat ballasts were made until 2010 when the DOE regulations took effect. On the other hand, I don't think I've seen such a ballast made after the early 90s. Not that it made sense for anyone to produce them after around the 60s, when RS became the big thing.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: When did "Tulamp" ballast production stop? « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 12:24:42 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Advance doesn't list a 2x40 preheat ballast in their 2002 catalog. I couldn't find any info when I googled the BRSH-240 (or when I added -TP at the end). I don't know if they ever made an LPF version, but the name of such a theoretical ballast would have probably been L-240F-TP, and I found nothing when I googled that either.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: When did "Tulamp" ballast production stop? « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 10:39:25 PM » Author: joseph_125
The most recent tulamp preheat ballast I've seen on here is John's Universal 205-TC-P from May 2004. I heard they were made until 2005 when the first of the DOE regulations came in effect. Non replacement RS ballasts (the ones with full length leads) were also banned in 2005.
RichD

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When did "Tulamp" ballast production stop? « Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 10:27:23 PM » Author: RichD
I too would have thought production of these would have stopped ages ago.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: When did "Tulamp" ballast production stop? « Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 02:01:21 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I have four GE bonus line Tulamp style ballasts that were made in 1988. I didn't know that they made them that late either.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies