Author Topic: Worst subjects in school  (Read 9287 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Worst subjects in school « on: May 04, 2015, 05:18:40 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Hiya  :)

What subjects at school were your least favourite?

Flurofan96

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 06:18:11 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Oh my goodness, we are talking about 10 years ago I cannot remember school that well. :o

I may get abused for this, but I hated history because of our teacher was dull and boring. She had a very boring, continuous monotone voice that sent the class to sleep.
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 07:05:09 AM » Author: funkybulb
My worst subject in school was Keyboarding
As i know how to type. In hieght of internet
Taking off back in the 90s, i felt it was a complete
Waste of time. That i wanted to learn somthing else.

Now my favorite class 7 grade math
Pissing off teacher thinking i cheated
Cause i never showed my work
And answer the problem quicky

Also goverment and economic class in high school
It was so easy doing class assingments i even did my
Home work from other class, as i hate doing home work
At home. If not i get super board since it at end of the day class, I ask for a hall pass to the library  that time
I just take off from school about hour early.
Cause dam class is hour and half long of bordom!

But that teacher like to collect old 16mm educational films and old 16 mm projector.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:10:53 AM by funkybulb » Logged

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 08:04:43 AM » Author: Flurofan96
@MVlamps: snap! I have the same feeling about history  :D I have always found it so boring because it was mainly focused on politics and less on the kind of history were interested in (lighting and electricals etc). I know how a monotone voice teacher can just aggravate such a boring subject. I had a very boring geography teacher when I was in Year 7 who made us to do work out of the book and also I struggled to do map reading- and I've disliked Geography since that

@funkybulb: I know the feeling of having to do subjects that are not really what you need and want to do. I had to do a cooking class for 2 years, the first year started off very well but things went rotten the next year as in cooking I wanted to do the basic skills, not do "serious" dinner themes like for a restaurant or for a career in cooking. So I've stopped doing it and the teacher was very agitated with me during the cooking classes whenever things were not going as they should be or whenever a deadline was approaching.  :-[

That's cool that the teacher liked to collect 16mm educational films and using a 16mm projector. And haha a cool idea to go into library to take few hours off of bordem. I hope that library had interesting books  :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:06:14 AM by Flurofan96 » Logged

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 05:37:53 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I hate maff. It took me two years to pass Algebra I. I'm as lost as a ball in high weeds in 10th grade general geometry. I hate it. I am appalled by geometry.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 10:22:22 PM » Author: Solanaceae
The absolute worst class is ap comp. reading and doing 3 2 page essays over the summer? Not for me. Science is my thing.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 10:36:03 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I hate maff. It took me two years to pass Algebra I. I'm as lost as a ball in high weeds in 10th grade general geometry. I hate it. I am appalled by geometry.
I'm in algebra now in 8th grade and I did geometry last year. The good thing about algebra is it seems to get easier once you review the homework next class. Our teacher also tought us the quadratic formula song.  x equals The opposite of b plus or minus the square root of b square minus 4ac all over 2a! to the tune of Pop goes the weasel.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 12:18:52 PM » Author: Flurofan96
@solanaceae: oh maan doing essays in the summer is something which I would not touch with a barge pole  ;D I'd rather enjoy the summer  :) haha that's funny that your teacher taught you algebra to the tune of Pop Goes The Weasel  8) it would really help me as I find maths a really hard subject (but the basics are fine) and even if I learn some of topics in maths, my skills go rusty if I stop practicing it  :P :P :P 

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 03:25:48 PM » Author: Ash
Mine were Literature and Biblic Literature (thats a subject taught in schools in Israel)

In Literature, While many of the actual stories were okay, they did not let us much to enjoy the stories, instead, they tried to tell us what passed in the writer's head when he wrote it. Its beyond me how they claimed to know that themselfes, and way beyond me how they expected it to be of any value to us

In Biblic Literature, its pretty much the same except there the writer is (presumably) god, which takes it to a whole new level. At least, in Biblic Literature you can party the night before, come passed out to the exam, and write satisfactory surrealistic answers that will actually match expectations

I rarely did any homework, even "mandatory" one. For the most part i managed to get away with it

In the important ones (Electronics, Math etc) i stayed in "A+" even without the homework (teachers would turn a blind eye to that if you show them that you can figure out and think, and really have sense to their subject), unless it was some special work or a project, those i really cared about

In the useless ones (Literature of sorts) i stayed in "D" and never put much effort to get anything higher than that. Skipped classes a lot too in those subjects

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 07:03:19 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Lit is the most pointless subject, especially poetry. I understand teaching about poems and such of historical importance, but there is no practical use of it in the real world.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 07:15:20 PM » Author: Ash
They could have just let us read stuff for the sake of it. Could not harm when half the class have no clue who Harry Potter is....
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 07:19:55 PM » Author: Solanaceae
My worst subject in school was Keyboarding
As i know how to type. In hieght of internet
Taking off back in the 90s, i felt it was a complete
Waste of time. That i wanted to learn somthing else.

Now my favorite class 7 grade math
Pissing off teacher thinking i cheated
Cause i never showed my work
And answer the problem quicky

Also goverment and economic class in high school
It was so easy doing class assingments i even did my
Home work from other class, as i hate doing home work
At home. If not i get super board since it at end of the day class, I ask for a hall pass to the library  that time
I just take off from school about hour early.
Cause dam class is hour and half long of bordom!

But that teacher like to collect old 16mm educational films and old 16 mm projector.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 02:53:19 PM » Author: hannahs lights
I think my worst subject were English maths French in that order I HATED them like most of you I did homework in the lunch hour usually got away with it got caught once I think. Unfortunately I got bullied a lot both physical and mental abuse so I try not to remember school. Sorry if this is a bit heavy but you did ask!
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 12:51:22 AM » Author: tolivac
40 yrs since school!Has to be algebra.Never got that stuff-and to this day never needed to use it-and I am in electronics.Tody the worst "subject" at work is one of our transmitters.Many problems with it.Working on one of them now.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst subjects in school « Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 01:07:00 AM » Author: Ash
Hannah, Is it forbidden to do homework in the lunch hour ?
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies