Author Topic: Do you like when it storms? What severe storms have you had in your area?  (Read 8860 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Do you like when it storms? What severe storms have you had in your area? « Reply #45 on: August 18, 2018, 05:21:25 PM » Author: AngryHorse
I`d love to see a proper `super cell` storm first hand, like you guys in the US have ;), funny thing is, the storm in my photo didn`t have any thunder with it, but it came in very fast, and something not evident in the photo was the heavy wind and rain that made it hard to hold the door open when I took the pic!! :o

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you like when it storms? What severe storms have you had in your area? « Reply #46 on: August 18, 2018, 06:53:14 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We're lucky that we don't get the kind of severe weather over here in the UK.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you like when it storms? What severe storms have you had in your area? « Reply #47 on: August 18, 2018, 07:10:16 PM » Author: Rommie
We're lucky that we don't get the kind of severe weather over here in the UK.
Absolutely; what we had last weekend was enough for us :o

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Do you like when it storms? What severe storms have you had in your area? « Reply #48 on: August 18, 2018, 08:14:23 PM » Author: paintballer22
I just went threw one at the paintball field today. It got very dark (almost night) had 8 direct lightning strikes on the property and loss of power for a few minutes. The rain was very heavy it flooded the parking lot and driveway within a minute.   
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Do you like when it storms? What severe storms have you had in your area? « Reply #49 on: August 18, 2018, 09:51:51 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've found lots of rain and thunderstorm tracks on Spotify.  Those are so relaxing to listen to as I go to sleep.  Today I had two heavy thunderstorms come through, one when I was out shopping, and the second right when I left to go out to supper.  There was nice, gentle rain and no gusty winds this time.  Anytime I don't have to worry about strong wind or hail, I love a nice thunderstorm, especially when I'm going to sleep.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you like when it storms? What severe storms have you had in your area? « Reply #50 on: August 19, 2018, 08:50:43 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've found lots of rain and thunderstorm tracks on Spotify. Those are so relaxing to listen to as I go to sleep.  Today I had two heavy thunderstorms come through, one when I was out shopping, and the second right when I left to go out to supper.  There was nice, gentle rain and no gusty winds this time.  Anytime I don't have to worry about strong wind or hail, I love a nice thunderstorm, especially when I'm going to sleep.
We listen to the sound of a catses purring to go off to sleep. 😺

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you like when it storms? What severe storms have you had in your area? « Reply #51 on: August 19, 2018, 08:53:41 AM » Author: Rommie
We listen to the sound of a catses purring to go off to sleep. 😺
There's nothing as relaxing as a catses purring 😺 😺 😺

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies