Author Topic: Speed/kind of your Internet connection?  (Read 14400 times)
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 12:07:49 AM » Author: nicksfans
We have Charter Communications cable.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 04:14:18 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I have 100/5 cable modem connection from TSF. It usually works around 90/4. I wish I could get more upload speed but higher speed 200/10 cost so much more that I have to keep this one (now 39,90EUR per month)

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 10:14:18 PM » Author: Solanaceae
AT&T Internet is super expensive and most of the time, it's speed isn't worth the price.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 09:49:12 PM » Author: LampLover
We have Charter Communications cable.

I also have Charter Communications (One of the worst cable companies in my opinion)

Nick when did your area do the all digital transition?
My area did it in September of 2014

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 10:14:08 PM » Author: nicksfans
I'm actually not sure when the digital cable transition happened. I do remember the transition to digital over-the-air TV signals, though.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 11:52:21 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I remember the DTV switchover too, in February of 2009.  And the hype leading up to it for a few years beforehand!
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 06:52:28 AM » Author: marcopete87
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 12:16:02 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I tried to speed test my wifi and the stupid tester wouldn't load. That's how bad our internet is, even though it's so creaking expensive.  ::)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 03:38:41 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
My apartment. It goes way down during the academic year when there's a lot of people here, though.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 12:30:20 AM » Author: Solanaceae
At and t also has terrible cell service, and when you're on 5 bars, the strongest signal, nothing will load

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 12:35:45 AM » Author: nicksfans
I feel your pain...I have AT&T cell service too and the speed is decent in less populated areas as long as the signal is around 2 bars or higher. Where there are a lot of people, though, like the big retail section of Anderson, the data is almost unusable. Not helpful when standing in Advance Auto trying to google something.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 12:40:09 AM » Author: Solanaceae
When you're in a crowded area or a metal roof/ceiling building, don't expect good internet, especially with at and t.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 02:20:04 AM » Author: icefoglights
@icefoglights, are you describing that broadband stuff with either the little suction cup antenna for a window or the miniature TV-looking antenna?
Mine will do YouTube pretty well actually for what it is, but uploading a video to YouTube (Which I have done, I have a channel there) takes practically all day for something 5-8 minutes long!

Basically the same thing, only instead of the suction cup antenna, I have a short run of coax leading to a yagi antenna outside.  DSL is available in my area, but the phone wires between me and the switch are too old (despite being installed in the mid-80s) and too long.  Fixing that would require extending the fiber and installing another switch.  Since their chief competitor which runs the cable network doesn't have service in this area, there's not much motivation to to upgrade.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 10:49:37 AM » Author: Solanaceae
With atnt merging with directv, it would be cool if they made an fiber Internet/tv package, my current modem/router sucks and I have a feeling it's not getying much better.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 11:14:29 AM » Author: ace100w120v
@Icefoglights, when you say "Yagi" antenna are you talking about those ones that look sort of like the old TV antennas? 
Actually I think AT&T has great cell service.  Granted there's no coverage from any carrier at my house, I'm in the "dead zone" LOL.
BTW how do I embed an image in a post? (To show my Internet speed test).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:17:04 AM by ace100w120v » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies