Author Topic: Favorite songs & artists?  (Read 20402 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Favorite songs & artists? « on: May 27, 2015, 12:22:23 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Hey, I'm wondering who/what are your favorite music artistes or songs. I'll start.
Songs: the way by fastball.
Let it be by the Beatles.
Separate ways by journey.
Summertime by the Sundays.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:07:49 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Hmm this is a hard one!

-Breaking Benjamin
-Linkin Park
-Fuel
-Seether
-Some Blink 182

Genres would be a more appropriate description actually...rock, alternative, metal, pop, and some rap. Not much a country fan at all (new or old).
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 12:13:33 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I don't like country either and when I ride with my sister and mom, they always have it set. They are obsessed with country.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 03:09:01 PM » Author: Ash
Emotional / Vocal / Uplifting trance

Emotional rock - if it can be called like that....

Some other stuff that i cannot really define well....

Maybe genres are not a good way to describe it after all. Too big description while i like only part of what is inside each of them

I search for music mostly in Youtube. Part of it (specific types tend to be often like it) i find by searching for Anime AMV's (Anime Music Video compilations) / tributes, and not for the music itself

Artists :
DJ Orkidea
Evanescence - Looks like it is common for AMV makers to like them, i wonder if it is by coincidence or not
Nightwish
Pandemik77 - DJ who uploads hour long Emotional / Vocal / Uplifting sessions to Youtube
Desireless (i dont understand the language tho ....)

One-off tracks that are rolling around right now in my playlist :
Harry Potter Soundtrack - Voldemort's End (Jake Otter Trance Bootleg)
Damzen - Godric Gryffindor (Harry Potter Trance)
Tritonal feat. Soto - Let Solitude
Machinimasound - Dance of the Pixies
Brusspup - Dark Wave
Charlie Dore - Time Goes By
Ian Van Dahl - Castles In The Sky
Pokémon Dubstep Remix - Lindsey Stirling & Kurt Hugo Schneider
bLiNd-Zelda Trance version (Temple MKII)
Sander Kleinenberg - Venus & Mars
Amber - Anyway ( Steve Porter Mix )
KATE RYAN - Voyage Voyage - Instrumental
Kenneth Thomas feat. Molly Bancroft - Hiding (Orbion Emotional Remix)
G-Light - Dance Of The Morning Sun
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:11:13 AM by Ash » Logged
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 01:18:34 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I kind of like the anime music vids. I also forgot to mention pink Floyd and power station.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 05:00:36 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Well... my friends says that I listen weird music but I would put it that I just have very wide taste in music.  :)

I really like to listen music thats why I have installed a PA system (like one in malls or schools) to play background music and speakers in every room(very handy, same music playing all around the house with possibility to adjust volume locally in rooms) I have around 150 CD and 50 LP, Im kind of old fashioned in that way but I also have around 1700-1800 MP3s(not including ones I also have in CD or LP).

What comes to music genres I usually think that good song is good and its not depending on what genre is it. There are lots of good rock songs but next track in my play list may be classical or country. There are still some genres which I have not been able to find many listeneable songs like punk-rock and really heavy metal(the one I describe someone hitting drums as fast as they can while someone screams something like demonic voices and you cant even make out whats the song is all about) hip-hop (rap).

Heres some of my favorite artist and link to a song from youtube (not in any order)

Pet shop boys, British electronic pop duo. Been listening since I was kid. Ive seen them live once in 2008 when they did concert in Helsinki
-> https://youtu.be/InBiaRBUjUs

CMX, Finnish rock band, also one of my long time favorites.
-> https://youtu.be/2pzSJ9tIq0c
-> https://youtu.be/L8MJKwA9LZo

Studio Killers, European virtual electro-pop band.
-> https://youtu.be/R6kXsSJlOio

Access, Japanese pop duo.
https://youtu.be/KUZtdwvsLz0

Eläkeläiset, Finnish humppa-band that makes humppa covers from popular hits with their own humoristic lyrics. Also specialized consuming lots of booze during their concerts. For some reason, they have more concerts in Germany than Finland.
-> https://youtu.be/jQwKSSisLTs

Subway to sally, German rock band.
-> https://youtu.be/a-RwQAVnIqQ

Gorillaz, British virtual band. I dont even know which genre to put this but hey have many good songs.
-> https://youtu.be/f-uiECDB62Y

Aarne Tenkanen, Kind of sideproject for Finnish radio show koe-eläinpuisto (Test animal park) where he was one of the fictional characters. Described to be tram driver of Helsinki city transport company and singer with his band Tempuntekijät. The radio show ended in 2003 when writer of the show passed away but Aarne tenkanen remained as independed music project. The gag is that music in his songs sounds like typical Schlager music (or iskelmä as we call it) but meaning of lyrics is usually ambiguous and can understand in many ways. Usually singing from love and drinking etc.
-> https://youtu.be/zJiIIE9vIXk

Arttu Wiskari, Pop, Rock and blues artist.
-> https://youtu.be/wBYiTrANTBQ

Röyksopp, Norwegian electronic music band.
-> https://youtu.be/51Bpx63wkbA

Ofcourse there are lots of other like Rammstein, Keane, Coldplay, Pink Floyd, Nightwish, A-ha, Dire Straits, Kate Bush, Kotiteollisuus, Malice Mizer etc.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 03:34:17 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I've heard pet shop boys and gorillaz and they're not bad. I'm a fan of classic rock.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 08:35:57 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Classic rock, active rock, hard rock, some rap, some alternative, but not much of a country or classical person.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 12:18:25 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Some PPP is ok, but most of it is complete garbage. 

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Mustang07

View Posts
View Gallery

jon.leach.7
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 11:02:01 AM » Author: Mustang07
I like a lot of older stuff as well as some new, to name some; ELO and Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty, Joe Walsh, Fleetwood Mac, Traveling Wilburys

"I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 11:33:37 PM » Author: nicksfans
Billy Joel, Elton John, the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Barenaked Ladies, the Connells, the Cars, Haim, Ducktails, Tom Petty, Roxy Music, the Doobie Brothers, Talking Heads, Genesis, Gordon Lightfoot, Steve Miller Band, Warren Zevon, and Phish are some of my favorites (not necessarily in that order).

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 12:38:43 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I like talking heads too, especially their song burning down the house. I became accustomed to 80s and 90s music from the drives I went with grandparents. They took care of us over the summer until I was ten, so we always went out to break fast.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 12:40:45 AM » Author: nicksfans
That is a really good song!

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 01:26:39 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Sir duke by Stevie wonder is a catchy upbeat song.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 10:55:00 PM » Author: CEB1993
My favorite genre is classic country, but I like just about any kind of music except for today's pop, rap, dance, etc.  I'm also into classic rock, Southern rock, smooth jazz, electronic (thanks for recommending Aphex Twin, Flurofan96!) and classical.

My favorite country artists:

Johnny Cash
Alan Jackson
Faith Hill
Blake Shelton
Zac Brown Band
Charlie Daniels

My favorite rock/classic rock and/or Southern rock artists:

Allman Brothers Band
Lynyrd Skynyrd (Free Bird!)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rush
Rod Stewart
John Mayer (his earlier works)
Weezer

My favorite classical composers:

Beethoven
Mozart
Liszt
Chopin

I'm not as picky about smooth jazz or electronic music.  Anything that has a nice chill sound, like "elevator music" is good for me.  I like anything that's relaxing and smooth for when I'm studying, or just relaxing after a busy day.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies