Author Topic: My shed light.  (Read 1769 times)
bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

My shed light. « on: July 29, 2015, 07:32:10 PM » Author: bucket175mv
Hi there.

I would like to share my custom built or should I say modified Regent CBL25 Mercury Vapor yardlight. I removed the odd wattage 125w ballast and replaced it with a same brand and dimension  Regent 100w ballast and swapped out the medium base socket for a larger mougle base one. This required me to trim the refractor some to get it to fit.

I have my vintage Westinghouse BT-25 100w dx MV Lamp installed and it looks great at night. I will post a pic of it lit up.
bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My shed light. « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 07:34:43 PM » Author: bucket175mv
Here is another pic.
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: My shed light. « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:10:47 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Is this one of those models that use the button cell Photocontrol?  I hate those, because they were always a pain to change when they went bad and became a dayburner.

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My shed light. « Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 09:42:19 PM » Author: bucket175mv
Is this one of those models that use the button cell Photocontrol?  I hate those, because they were always a pain to change when they went bad and became a dayburner.

Why yes it is! Are they know to fail often?

Thanks for the friendly heads up ;)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: My shed light. « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 09:53:03 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I recently got a 175e yard blaster with a tiny hx ballast. It had a twist lock pc. I took the fixture apart and the ballast was pretty toasty. I cleaned the ballast up and ran it. It took three seconds to strike a lamp and once It warmed, it burnt up shortly after. I unplugged it before it tripped the breaker.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: My shed light. « Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 03:45:55 AM » Author: M250R201SA

Why yes it is! Are they know to fail often?

They don't fail anymore often than a normal PE control (depending on the brand), but when it does fail, they are a pain to change

Thanks for the friendly heads up ;)

bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My shed light. « Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 10:20:17 AM » Author: bucket175mv
Here is a night shot of my Shed light. Love the green glow from the Westie bulb.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: My shed light. « Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 03:37:17 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Nice. Can't beat the glow of a greened out  :mv: .

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My shed light. « Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 06:45:17 AM » Author: bucket175mv
Indeed. When I was younger I would wonder why some MV light fixtures would emit a greenish glow and others would be almost white, now I know why.
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: My shed light. « Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 09:11:37 AM » Author: M250R201SA
Indeed. When I was younger I would wonder why some MV light fixtures would emit a greenish glow and others would be almost white, now I know why.

I was the same.  There was a dayburner on the street next to mine, that was so dim, you could barely tell it was on during the day, and at night, it was so dim and green, It was almost as if it wasn't even on.  It certainly didn't light up the street.  It stayed that way for a good 5-6 years, constantly day-burning, until one day, I saw the lineman out, and told him about it.  He went over there and replaced the bulb and photocell.  The bulb was definitely older than I was at the time.

bucket175mv

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My shed light. « Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 09:59:47 AM » Author: bucket175mv
I can remember these large round MV floods with the ballast on the pole that had 250w merc BT lamps at my local public park that dayburned for at least 2 decades. I will never forget how minity green they looked during daylight hours. Never did see them at night. Unfourtunatly vandals threw rocks at them and the city replaced them with HPS powerbracket fixtures.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies