Author Topic: GE Watt-Miser D.C. Christmas lamps  (Read 2687 times)
Lumalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex's World of Christmas Lights!

GE Watt-Miser D.C. Christmas lamps « on: December 06, 2007, 09:47:50 PM » Author: Lumalux
GE introduced direct current C-7 and C-9 sets a year or so ago.  The C-7 lamps are 2.75 watts each.  Does anyone know what voltage they are?  The bulbs are cone-shaped exactly like the original ceramic C-7s long out of production.  I'd like to put these bulbs in older sets but I am afraid they are lower voltage.  There is zero information about these lamps on the net.

Thanks!

Alex
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: GE Watt-Miser D.C. Christmas lamps « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 01:32:54 AM » Author: Silverliner
Alex the lamps are about 83.5 volts and they run on diodes, so no they are not interchangeable with traditional Christmas light sets. I have a GE Watt-Miser C-9 string with all clear lamps in use up front right now, and the lamps flicker slightly because they run on half cycle DC. Weird for sure.

GE introduced direct current C-7 and C-9 sets a year or so ago.  The C-7 lamps are 2.75 watts each.  Does anyone know what voltage they are?  The bulbs are cone-shaped exactly like the original ceramic C-7s long out of production.  I'd like to put these bulbs in older sets but I am afraid they are lower voltage.  There is zero information about these lamps on the net.

Thanks!

Alex

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies