Author Topic: Promising lamp to replace HPS  (Read 2672 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Promising lamp to replace HPS « on: December 02, 2007, 03:17:26 AM » Author: Silverliner
It's not mercury vapor but could this be a viable replacement for HPS lamps in street lights? Click here . Philips claims the mogul CMH lamps are for street lighting in residential areas. Hope the lamps will last 24,000 hours as promised, considering the junk they make today. However 4000K CMH looks almost exactly like /DX mercury lamps in color appearance.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Promising lamp to replace HPS « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 02:48:45 PM » Author: Michael
Hi Max

Where did you find this about the Mercury lamps and WEEE? I like to know more about it!!!
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Promising lamp to replace HPS « Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 03:48:39 AM » Author: Silverliner
So mercs will be no more in a few years over there? Ugh, progress but at least there's now viable technology (mentioned above) that will threaten HPS, man I can't wait! Mercury ballasts have been banned in the USA, but replacement lamps are not being banned yet.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies