Author Topic: Comments from Members that have left LG  (Read 850 times)
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Comments from Members that have left LG « on: August 28, 2015, 03:01:20 PM » Author: Danny
Evening all

I'm just browsing through some of my pictures and some other people's pics and also reading  some comments

I see there is a lot of comments with "No Author" as that particular member that posted that comment has unfortunately left the site for some reason. With them comments having no author it's a shame because you can't remember who it actually was that posted the comment and i think it just looks a little untidy? Yes the comments still there but as the ex member or members that once posted the comments has left you can't tell who it was that actually posted it.

What I am wondering is, is that is there any way that if members leave the site for any reason the author of the comment also does not get removed so that when we look back on comments we can think " oh yeah that's who posted that comment" instead of no longer knowing or remembering who it was?  Instead of the authors name disappearing maybe the name could still appear there but maybe in Bold Red lettering to let us know the person has left the site. I've posted a screen shot  of the top comment on my Wotan circolux 18w Adaptor and I can't remember who it was that posted it and many other comments in mine and other members galleries which is a shame.

Does anyone else have these issues or is it just my terrible memory lol.

Cheers

Dan
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:05:35 PM by Danny » Logged
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Comments from Members that have left LG « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 03:05:51 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I've seen that on my phone before. I also noticed that migette1 and imj were both listed as Mr. X at one time in my membership on lg. Any ideas?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Comments from Members that have left LG « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 03:08:00 PM » Author: Danny
I think members are marked as MR.X when they choose to leave the site, but choose to have their pictures remain on the site.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Comments from Members that have left LG « Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 03:57:17 PM » Author: Solanaceae
While we are talking about it, what happened to Joe Maurath, Jr.?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Comments from Members that have left LG « Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 04:03:11 PM » Author: FGS
To see who posted the comments. Just click on "report this comment to the administrator." You'll see it in the next page.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Comments from Members that have left LG « Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 09:29:12 PM » Author: lights*plus
Clicking on "report this comment to the administrator" does not tidy up the forum.

It should show Posts: "Unsubscribed" or "Former-Member" below the user-name which should remain until the form folds.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:31:34 PM by lights*plus » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines