Author Topic: My Dream of Remote Powered Light Bulb  (Read 1846 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
My Dream of Remote Powered Light Bulb « on: September 13, 2015, 12:58:25 PM » Author: rjluna2
I dreamt that I had a remote powered light bulb many years ago (Circa 1974).  I had inspiration on this dream, I drew and wrote a story about the remote power light bulb:

Enjoy!

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: My Dream of Remote Powered Light Bulb « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 01:38:01 AM » Author: merc
That's sweet, Robert. :D I somehow don't get the part with the bus and the accident though. ???
Pity I haven't got a copy of my essay (from about 1985?) with the part about MV streetlights turning on. My Czech teacher didn't like it much. :P
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: My Dream of Remote Powered Light Bulb « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 07:03:36 AM » Author: rjluna2
Thanks, Adam :)

The bus incident was when the battery blew up leading up the lighting loss.  That where the hero comes in with the remote power light :P

Due to my hearing loss, my English writing was not quite up to the par (I was about 9 years old when I wrote the story).

Sorry that your teacher didn't like the essay on the streetlight :(

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: My Dream of Remote Powered Light Bulb « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 08:41:19 AM » Author: Lumex120
Sorry to hear that they didin't like your story about MV streetlights. :-[ When I was in second grade, we had "doodle notebooks" and you could draw anything in them as long as it was related to school. Being as mechanically inclined as I am, I would draw wiring diagrams and ideas I had for a new type of air conditioning system. I would also make plans for building a cardboard box rocket (that someone could fit into :P) and it was powered with butane torches. Unfortunately, the tattletale kids were constantly telling the teacher that i was not doing anything related to school. >:( I might still have that notebook somewhere, and if I find it, I will scan and upload some of the drawings.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 08:43:18 AM by Zarlog » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Dream of Remote Powered Light Bulb « Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 03:56:24 AM » Author: tolivac
Nice little animated story!The only "Remote" light bulbs I have dealt with are flourescent bulbs light by RF energy from AM station towers and Short wave antennas.also from FM broadcast.A station I knew of actually had a neon sign of its call letters on their towers-was cool at night-the sign flickered to the modulation-was in red neon.10Kw array.Me and a freind played "frisbee" wth a circline flourescent bulb in tthe towerfeild of WPGC 50Kw AM-just after it was built and commissioned.At the SW plant I am at now you can light a U-tube bulb under the 250/500Kw balun of one of the 500Kw transmitters.Lit a 4Ft flouresent T12 bulb at the base of a tower with an FM antenna isocoupler-tower part of an AM array.The isocoupler keeps the AM radiation out of the FM transmitter.The hot end of the isocoupler lit that bulb bright!!Both FM and AM RF!Used the lamp as a trouble light!The neighborhood kids loved it!Showed the Current-voltage pojts on the FM transmission line by sliding that flourescent tube down it!Another funky thing--neon bulbs lit from VHF radiation light purple instead of red.Held a neon bulb near a dummy load energized by 20Kw of FM and it lit purple.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: My Dream of Remote Powered Light Bulb « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 06:58:00 AM » Author: rjluna2
Only Nikola Tesla can dream about this ;D

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies