Author Topic: Things Which Annoy You  (Read 29537 times)
MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

ATL missriaelaine
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1035 on: June 11, 2018, 07:28:43 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
I tend to only use cash for small puchases like drinks in a pub, using cards for that is overkill. We have here an excellent money manager program called Ace Money into which goes every single puchase we make, be it cash or card. It has an app for the phone which allows you to photograph the receipt (useful if you lose it) and upload the data into the program.

Using this, we know EXACTLY how much money is in all our bank accounts, plus cash in our purses, right down to the last penny.

Ria in Aberdeen

I don't disapprove of LED's for domestic and other indoor use, I just don't like them for street lighting.

High Intensity

View Gallery

Feit HPS on cold startup

GoL
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1036 on: June 12, 2018, 05:16:50 PM » Author: High Intensity
When you paint something and insects start landing on the wet paint.

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex//I love both Iceland and CO

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1037 on: June 14, 2018, 10:29:54 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
When I come to visit my parents and within 5 mins I enter an argumentative war
Random voltage fluctuations
Being a "ladies man" although being only one of two men in a group of 10 girls (5 from Aspen and 5 from Iceland) is really frustrating at times. Reason why is because when I want to explore for light fixtures I either can't or 1-5 of the come (some of the places I explore involve danger and they hate it)
Dank Memes

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
etta er Mackenzie GF F96 g elska lsingu og mun skjta upp LG sem Kenzie
Check out my Socials

F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1038 on: June 14, 2018, 11:16:01 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Getting rates on my posts that are 0/5 to 2/5 and the fact that they have no explanation
I sometimes feel like disabling the ratings 

Check out my Socials

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1039 on: June 14, 2018, 12:39:10 PM » Author: dor123
When Superbus and other public transportation companies buys crap Golden Dragon buses:
1. Translated (Hebrew)
2. Translated (Hebrew)

I"m don't speak english well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I hope that LED won't replace all forms of other light

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1040 on: June 14, 2018, 03:07:27 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Getting hit by a car that was being driven by a person who was not paying attention... The front wheel of my bike is all bent to (...).

--Owen

High Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps (Duh lol) Cool High Pressure Sodium

High Pressure Sodium Sodium lighting is king!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1041 on: June 14, 2018, 03:18:31 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Getting hit by a car that was being driven by a person who was not paying attention... The front wheel of my bike is all bent to (...).
Oh gosh! Sorry you got that, are the injuries serious

Check out my Socials

Lumex120

View Gallery

105555521242365640724 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1042 on: June 14, 2018, 08:47:51 PM » Author: Lumex120
Be thankful it's only the front wheel and not your back... I know someone who wasn't as lucky.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:02:20 PM by Lumex120 » Logged

LEDs = Downgrade 99% of the applications.

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1043 on: June 15, 2018, 05:41:00 AM » Author: suzukir122
@F96T12 DD VHO, haha... as someone that has gone through being a "ladies man," I personally enjoy
it. Even if they were to get in the way of quests for new lighting... which in my case, has never happened.
@Homebrewlamps, yeah getting hit by a car while being on a bicycle seems to be becoming a little more
common. I'm glad you're alright bro. Things could have been much worse.

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

ATL missriaelaine
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1044 on: June 15, 2018, 07:54:45 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
When football completely takes over the main BBC1 terrestrial channel (World [censored] cup). Why do they feel the need to totally screw up the scheduling for [censored] football..? Not everyone is passionately interested in Egypt v Uruguay, thanks all the same. Besides, there are dozens if not hundreds of little used digital channels out there that they could put the football on without ruining it for the rest of us  Angry Undecided

Ria in Aberdeen

I don't disapprove of LED's for domestic and other indoor use, I just don't like them for street lighting.

Cal

View Gallery

Bottled lightning

SPTSuperSprinter156
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1045 on: June 15, 2018, 09:24:47 AM » Author: Cal
When football completely takes over the main BBC1 terrestrial channel (World [censored] cup). Why do they feel the need to totally screw up the scheduling for [censored] football..? Not everyone is passionately interested in Egypt v Uruguay, thanks all the same. Besides, there are dozens if not hundreds of little used digital channels out there that they could put the football on without ruining it for the rest of us  Angry Undecided

Money... football is exceptionally lucrative for the broadcasting companies. Im not interested either.

I guess some people feel the same way about how between 7pm and 9pm most days between ITV and BBC1 all you have is soaps. Has Pat Phelan been done in yet?

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11976

YouTube

MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

ATL missriaelaine
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1046 on: June 15, 2018, 09:28:54 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
Money... football is exceptionally lucrative for the broadcasting companies. Im not interested either.

I guess some people feel the same way about how between 7pm and 9pm most days between ITV and BBC1 all you have is soaps. Has Pat Phelan been done in yet?

I'm not saying they shouldn't show football, but why do they have to take over the main prime channel..? Can't they set up a dedicated channel for sport..? The red button, maybe..? I switched on at 1pm for the news, only to be presented with Egypt v Uruguay  Undecided

Personally, I rarely watch live TV any more, except for the news. I tend to either record stuff or watch it on the BBC Iplayer or Demand 5 or wherever. The beauty of the latter is they strip out all the adverts..! Grin

Ria in Aberdeen

Danny

View Gallery

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1047 on: June 15, 2018, 12:41:58 PM » Author: Danny
All the shows I watch are still on tv, just later because of the football. So although I couldnt care for football Im not really bothered about the football being on live tv. It would be nice if it was on its own channel but football lovers May not like soaps and stuff or what ever else is on bbc but they still pay a tv licence like we do too.  So deserve their moneys worth.

One good thing they could do with doing is putting the football on ITV at about 4pm to knock those absolutely dire dire quiz shows off the tv that have long run their course. Ive hated those since day 1!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:43:46 PM by Danny » Logged
MissRiaElaine

View Gallery

ATL missriaelaine
Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1048 on: June 15, 2018, 12:46:55 PM » Author: MissRiaElaine
I get what you're saying Danny, but what annoys me is the mucking about with the scheduling. I'm used to the lunchtime news being at 1pm, I don't expect it to be unceremoniously moved an hour earlier to cater for football. Put football on the red button or somewhere, then those that want to watch it can do so without disturbing everybody else.

Ria in Aberdeen

Danny

View Gallery

Re: Things Which Annoy You « Reply #1049 on: June 15, 2018, 12:50:48 PM » Author: Danny
I dont even watch the news its just doom and gloom. And sport! Think the last time I watched that was when I lived back at the parents.

Got the dreaded tennis coming soon which usually over runs the bbc. The tennis annoys me.
Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines