Author Topic: Refractor Needed!  (Read 4593 times)
fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Refractor Needed! « on: December 26, 2007, 10:11:40 PM » Author: fran4001
Hi all! Been a few weeks since I opened my mouth, but I've been here everyday, just the usual Christmas overload. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone here has or knows of one (1) G.E. refractor/glassware for a 70's to early 90s era M250R1 or R2. I think it's a No. 516?? I had one break on me somehow while in storage in the garage recently. Funny how the kid knows nothing about it!! Anyway, I'll pay a fair price or maybe trade some other streetlight stuff, be it lamps, PEs, maybe even an old NEMA head. Who knows? Help me!!!!!! ;)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 07:38:22 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
The R1 version is from 1970 to 1985 and the 1985 to current is the R2 version........I am not sure what I have but I have a glass refractor from my pre 1970 fixture......you can see it here, mine is on the right side.. ..which one of those 2 was what yours looked like?

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 10:45:14 PM » Author: fran4001
Hey Jason! Happy New Year, and thanks for the reply. Mine was similar to the one on the right, although to be sure, I'd need to see a side profile comparison. As a point of reference, my '66 M250 has the same identical glass as the one on the left. Every 60s vintage M250 in PP&L's service area had this lens. The one on the right should hang a little lower, being a little deeper. The only time I see the deeper lens on the oldest M250's is when it was used to replace a broken one, at least that's the way it was when we used them at PP&L!
fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 06:44:04 PM » Author: fran4001
Anyone??? :'(
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 09:19:47 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
If anyone can please see what you can do for fran here, This guy is extremely nice. He has helped me get what I have been wanting for years and was very kind enough to do it for free even know I wanted to pay him, So if anyone has a refractor please donate it to him. I am sure he will return the favor one day. ;) Sorry fran I don't have one personally.

Same stuff, Different Day!

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:54:10 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I have one that I am offering for him, but I haven't heard from him in email....we talked about it then I didn't hear from him anymore...... :( :-\ I offered him one!

If anyone can please see what you can do for fran here, This guy is extremely nice. He has helped me get what I have been wanting for years and was very kind enough to do it for free even know I wanted to pay him, So if anyone has a refractor please donate it to him. I am sure he will return the favor one day. ;) Sorry fran I don't have one personally.

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 09:38:59 PM » Author: fran4001
Hey Jason! I can't explain the confusion, but I did respond about the refractor a while back. You linked a pic of two M-250s and asked which refractor looked like my busted one. I mentioned the one on the right, but would need to see a side profile to make sure it's deeper (hangs down lower) than the one on the left, which is a 60's vintage one. Crazy! Anyway, I still would love one, but would hate to see you give yours up! Obviously, some recompensation would be in order. And Jeremy, thanks for the kind words! Did you receive the fixture yet? Can't wait to see if you like it, and how it works for you! Keep me posted!
Fran
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 04:13:24 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Hey Fran, you can see my side refractor in my own webpage, here is the link that directs you to my GE M-250 page   That refractor is not original, but it was on a Westinghouse OV-15 fixture when I got that one....

Hey Jason! I can't explain the confusion, but I did respond about the refractor a while back. You linked a pic of two M-250s and asked which refractor looked like my busted one. I mentioned the one on the right, but would need to see a side profile to make sure it's deeper (hangs down lower) than the one on the left, which is a 60's vintage one. Crazy! Anyway, I still would love one, but would hate to see you give yours up! Obviously, some recompensation would be in order. And Jeremy, thanks for the kind words! Did you receive the fixture yet? Can't wait to see if you like it, and how it works for you! Keep me posted!
Fran

fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 04:12:15 PM » Author: fran4001
Hey Jace! Thanks for the link! That glass you have looks to be the same depth as the 60's one. I think the one I need is about the depth of that browned-out lexan one you took from your fixture. At least the way it appears on the pole looks to be the same depth as the newer ones.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 12:47:24 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Hey Jace! Thanks for the link! That glass you have looks to be the same depth as the 60's one. I think the one I need is about the depth of that browned-out lexan one you took from your fixture. At least the way it appears on the pole looks to be the same depth as the newer ones.

I believe I do have a glass refractor that has the deeper depth however its only a generic brand......not a GE

fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 09:02:43 PM » Author: fran4001
Jace, do you have pics from a few different angles, and close ups? If it looks similar to the GE, I'd be interested! If not, I'll keep searching for awhile.
Fran
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Refractor Needed! « Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 12:50:02 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
It does not have the same patterns, but it is rounded like the GE......in fact it's the same design as the plastic ones except its glass! I will try to take pictures!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies