Author Topic: What kind of music do you like?  (Read 5248 times)
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

What kind of music do you like? « on: October 01, 2015, 10:03:03 PM » Author: xelareverse
I go for whatever sounds good. I also like alternative music.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 11:45:08 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Same here, I don't like a specific artist or genre or specifically dislike others, but I dislike most country (new or old) and a lot of rap.  I like a lot of rock, classic rock, active rock, alternative, alternative rock, top-40 pop, that sort of thing. 
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:52:56 PM » Author: xelareverse
Same here, I don't like a specific artist or genre or specifically dislike others, but I dislike most country (new or old) and a lot of rap.  I like a lot of rock, classic rock, active rock, alternative, alternative rock, top-40 pop, that sort of thing. 
     Agreed ;D
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 11:53:14 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Like:
Classic rock
Some new music
Some country
Dislike:
Rap
Some new music
Some country (about beer, trucks, ladies, etc.)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 06:02:35 AM » Author: Ash
Like : Emotional/Vocal trance , Evanescence / Nightwish , Most of Anime AMV music , Some other things

Country for the most part i like, but dont care enough to put any in my own playlist. I do like when it plays around though
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 06:28:38 AM » Author: sol
I'm a bit of an exception. I like classical music : Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Haydn, Delibes, Debussy, Chopin, and the list goes on.... I have a lot of CDs and vinyl, although I do buy some on iTunes.

I do listen to other genres (they rarely play classical music in stores or offices) and most are listenable. The only exception is country and rap which I particularly despise.
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 08:38:20 PM » Author: xelareverse
Here is a playlist I made:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLROLDHWXh51zUxXeUKA4VPOtowElWYmV4
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 05:08:07 AM » Author: dor123
I have no preference about a type of music, but there is a specific type of local music that I extremely hate: Mizrachi Music.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 05:09:21 PM » Author: xelareverse
I have no preference about a type of music, but there is a specific type of local music that I extremely hate: Mizrachi Music.

What do think about the playlist?
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 01:05:26 AM » Author: tolivac
The music I like is unusual---BAND ORGAN music!!!Fasinated by these automatic musical instruments.They play from music rolls(like a player piano) cardboard music books or MIDI.Go to YouTube and therfe is lots of them.Have many CDs,cassettes,and LP's of these devices.And listening live is really great-you can watch the organ play!!!I would love to collect these devices-but alas you have to win a lottery or get an inheritance from that rich uncle to afford them.Stinson Organ Co in the US builds them and DeCap in Belgum builds them.DeCap has two divisions building organs-DeCap Herantals and DeCap Grymonprez.These two specialize in dance hall band organs.Some can even be coin operated like a juke box.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 05:18:49 AM » Author: sol
Band organs are cool. So are "grinder organs" (in French we call them orgue de babarie). Some people on YouTube have home made ones.

I also play the pipe organ, of which I like the music as well.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 12:46:57 AM » Author: tolivac
Yes,like pipe organ music,too esp Cinema organ music.Have LOTS of CDs on this.Bought them from a swap shop out here.A whole shipping tub full for only like 10 bucks-still listening and enjoying them.Wished I could play-but don't.Was thinking of getting a Lowrey or similar electronic organ-but alas,these are almost as expensive as a pipe one!!!Right now there are NO piano or organ dealers in Greenville,NC.Interest in these instruments is waning.I was thinking one of those electronic ones would be good to learn to play on.Not too many homes big enough my way to hold a pipe organ.Knew one fellow that owned a radio station who has a pipe organ is his house-His daughter plays it.Did a little wiring work for him on it.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 05:45:51 AM » Author: sol
Unless you get a very small pipe organ, you are dealing with a huge instrument. Normally you can't get a new pipe organ for less than 500 000 dollars (half a million). I am of course talking about Casavant or Schantz organs. They are mainly for churches and concert halls, though. They average in the millions since they are not 'in stock' but custom made.

We have one at church and it has 1220 pipes. It is not computerized and has a ton of cables with very thin wires that connect the keys to the valves, the stops to other valves, relays etc. It works quite well despite having an 8'x8' section of window break onto it in a storm in 2013. It was quite a job of cleaning it out.

While I do like cinema organ music, I prefer the music of Bach, Duruflé, Saint-Saëns, Gigout, etc.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 12:57:11 AM » Author: tolivac
For me the obtaining a pipe organ is out of the question-cost and space.My house just isn't big enough.Plus you have to provide power for the blower-compressors-and space for them.They are massive peices of equipment.Just enjoy my CD,LPs,and tapes of them.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of music do you like? « Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 05:17:24 AM » Author: sol
Same here, although I have access to the one at church.

The pipe organ at church is considered small, and the power requirements are 1. a transformer for the traction (all those wires controlling the valves) which can't be more than a couple of amps at 120V and 2. the compressor (located in the basement) which is run with a 2HP motor that runs on 240V. Bigger organs require bigger motors, of course. Some have more than one compressor.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies