Author Topic: Encyclopædia Britannica?  (Read 1184 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Encyclopædia Britannica? « on: October 15, 2015, 08:26:34 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I have been fascinated by the Encyclopædia Britannica for many years. I got my a first set in 7th grade; it was a 1989 brown set. I still have it tucked away in the closet. However! Just 30 minutes ago, I became aware that the library was liqudating half their inventory! I got a COMPLETE, LEATHER BOUND 1990 set for only $5! They're still in the car waiting to be sorted.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Encyclopædia Britannica? « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 12:52:20 AM » Author: tolivac
Grew up using the Encyclopedia Britannica for school projects.Found a set at a yrad sale-but was incomplete.Got rid of them when I had to move.Now don't have much use for them-but they are good reading.Lots of good info there.Encyclopedia Britannicas were the best of encyclopedias out there-also my Mom sold them DTD at one time.Guess technology has made them obselete.No longer see them at yard sales or thrift shops.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies