Author Topic: what car do you drive?  (Read 38342 times)
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #90 on: January 01, 2018, 02:29:07 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I could imagine a V8 in a small car would be very fast, yet it seems impossible to fit one in the trunk or hood of a Civic hatchback. I do know that old cars typically had more free space in the hood than modern cars.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #91 on: January 01, 2018, 05:07:01 AM » Author: takemorepills
I have seen a few RWD Civics and Integras using Legend V6 C32 or S2000 turbo F20C. I have even seen a few AWD Integras. People do convert them from time-to-time. But, it is a fools folly because those cars are not really cut out for that much power. Suspension and subframes are weak, brakes are weak, geometry of the chassis is all wrong. Making power is one thing, harnessing it safely is another. The way the car balances the power, the way the chassis and alignment react to power AND braking, what happens when power is applied while the car is going any other way than straight.

There's a Prius getting a Hellcat swap right now: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/sema-show/a13134599/hellcat-swapped-prius-sema/

And a Ferrari powered GT86: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obUnEqsTmLg First thing he does is stuff it into a ditch! ::)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #92 on: January 01, 2018, 06:32:49 AM » Author: suzukir122
I don't know why in the world someone would ever think to put a 1000 hp engine in a Toyota prius. No idea...
however, that second one with the gt86 definitely has my interest. Excellent video editing as well which
made it even more entertaining. I wonder what the top speed would be?

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #93 on: January 01, 2018, 08:46:33 AM » Author: CEB1993
Imagine a modern Porsche 911 engine in an old rear engine 1960’s VW Beetle. The newest Porsche 911 has a 700 HP 3.8 liter V6, whoa!  The Beetle would probably need new struts and suspension to hold up to the thrust of that powerful engine.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #94 on: January 01, 2018, 08:56:29 AM » Author: suzukir122
A 700 hp 3.8 liter V6?? Dang.... my custom 2000 pontiac grand prix, which also had
a 3.8 liter v6 (series 2) was only 200 hp. That 911 is pumping 500 more hp!

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #95 on: March 12, 2018, 12:50:14 PM » Author: Rommie
As I've said previously on this thread, we don't currently have a car, as living right in the city centre, we rarely need one. If we do, we can hire one.

If you were to ask me what is the most interesting car I've ever driven, it would have to be one of these  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #96 on: June 15, 2018, 10:12:52 PM » Author: CEB1993
One month ago, I bought a preowned Subaru Legacy  :)  It's an awesome car with a powerful 3.6 liter, six cylinder "boxer" engine.  Boxer engines are flat engines with the pistons horizontally oriented to reduce long term wear, because they do not work against gravity.  I'm set for a long time in this reliable and enjoyable car!

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #97 on: June 15, 2018, 10:20:19 PM » Author: suzukir122
Nice... I think my next door neighbor has this car. Silver as well. Same color as my bike. :)
This car has an L6 engine... definitely more power than the crap ecotec V4 engine my pontiac G6 has.

Interests:

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #98 on: June 16, 2018, 12:42:26 AM » Author: takemorepills
Nice Suby H6 CEB!

I just bought a new (to me) car also, and the Legacy 3.6R was a consideration for me.

I went with a Infiniti Q60 AWD coupe. 332hp 3.7 V6 and 7AT. Way less practical than the Legacy, you should see how tiny the trunk is on this car! But, I've been wanting a coupe for  while, and we need AWD where I live. Owned so many 4 door cars I figured it was time to get something more stylish. We have other vehicles at the house that are more practical when needed.
Bert

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #99 on: June 23, 2018, 04:16:50 PM » Author: Bert

The daily driver, 1996 Olds 88 with the venerable 3.8 v6. Has about 160,000mi and should last another 100,000 if the rust doesn't get it.

Also have a '93 chevy pickup. No pics at the moment.
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #100 on: June 23, 2018, 06:21:06 PM » Author: Flurofan96
I still don't drive and turning 22 soon! Reason is because I studied uni in London and owning a car whilst staying there is not economical

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #101 on: June 23, 2018, 06:32:43 PM » Author: Rommie
I still don't drive and turning 22 soon! Reason is because I studied uni in London and owning a car whilst staying there is not economical
Join a car club, I know there are a couple in London. We have a firm called Co-Wheels here, I think they have cars in London. It costs about a fiver a month to be a member but you get that back if you hire a car during that month. You can get cars by the hour, day or whatever time period you want. The electric ones are good as there are no mileage charges.

They're also introducing hydrogen cars, which are interesting. The only problem with them is the relative lack of refuelling stations, but as with electric cars at the outset, that will improve.

I drove this one last week, it's a left hooker as this particular model isn't made in RHD at the moment, but it makes things interesting when buses and trucks are coming the other way on narrow country lanes  :D

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #102 on: June 24, 2018, 12:46:36 AM » Author: icefoglights
If I lived in a big city like that, I probably wouldn't either.  When I was in NYC several years ago, my job involved driving around.  However, I was lucky to be able to leave the vehicle in the motorpool garage at the end of the day.  In most places I've been, a car is freedom, but there, it was an inconvenience that had to be dealt with.  Besides, the Subway went pretty much anywhere worth going.

I really hope hydrogen catches on.  As part of that same assignment, we leased some office space from a company that manufactures fuel cell conversions for electric warehouse forklifts.

On the subject of the wrong side of the car, a friend of mine is currently in the US Virgin Islands.  They drive on the left side of the road there, but being a use territory, all their cars come from the US mainland, and are left hand drive.  I also used to know someone who drove a right hand drive Jeep Cherokee.  They delivered newspapers in the early morning and mail during the day, and driving from the right was ideal for curbside deliveries.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #103 on: June 24, 2018, 12:58:41 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I loved those Olds 88s.. As well as the Grand Prix from that generation.  They were funner if they had the Supercharged 3.8L

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #104 on: June 24, 2018, 08:53:05 AM » Author: Rommie
On the subject of the wrong side of the car, a friend of mine is currently in the US Virgin Islands.  They drive on the left side of the road there, but being a use territory, all their cars come from the US mainland, and are left hand drive.  I also used to know someone who drove a right hand drive Jeep Cherokee.  They delivered newspapers in the early morning and mail during the day, and driving from the right was ideal for curbside deliveries.
That's just lazy..! When I used to do deliveries, we got out and walked up the path..!

Yes I hope hydrogen catches on, the problem is the govt here has thrown all their backing into plug-in electric, which is all very well if you have a driveway or a garage where you can plug in at night, but if you live somewhere like where we are, where you have to park on the street, how do you plug hthe thing in..? They'd have to put charging posts all along the streets, which would mean ripping up the tarmac to lay new cables (all underground distribution around here) which wouldn't be cost effective.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies