Author Topic: MH Christmas tree  (Read 1552 times)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

MH Christmas tree « on: December 01, 2015, 09:13:42 PM » Author: sol
Have any of you ever considered to put up a Christmas tree with no lights, but plenty of metallic objects (shiny metal decorations and glitters and such) and light it up with a MH lamp ? I would imagine it would be nice outdoors, using a 942 ceramic lamp. It would also be nice if the background for this tree was so far away that it would be almost black. I have neither the time nor the resources to make it happen for the time being, but if anyone wants to try it, I'd be curious to know how it works out.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MH Christmas tree « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 12:53:34 AM » Author: tolivac
Guess would be interesting if you used a colored MH lamp-But these are EXPENSIVE!!!Venture has them-Magenta,Blue,Green,yellow.Color is thru the halide salts-NOT a colored envelope.Be interesting to light the tree with these of each color!
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MH Christmas tree « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 02:22:46 AM » Author: Ash
Without any shiny objects trees in MH light are beautifull. I also like the way MH light looks when it goes through fog
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MH Christmas tree « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 05:23:55 AM » Author: sol
@tolivac : Yes, it would be beautiful with coloured MH, but alternatively (and more economically) would be to use coloured metallic decorations. You would have to use enough to make an effect. Also, the decorations would have to be small enough to make a sparkling effect, but not small enough to not be seen from a distance.

@Ash : I quite like the look of plain trees in MH, especially when the leaves are out in the summertime. Same goes for MV.
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: MH Christmas tree « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 09:36:01 AM » Author: mdcastle
That's why the Minneapolis parkways never switched to HPS- makes trees look dead.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: MH Christmas tree « Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 10:13:41 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I've heard of some metal Christmas trees being made by special carpenters or metal workers. Maybe they can special make a collapsible one based off of a central rod, which has a bracket and socket at the top, and a remote 100 or 150w MH ballast in the base, which acts to make the tree bottom heavy, and the canopy of the tree will hide it. It's a win win. Just be sure to make the pipe somewhat roomy as to fit beefy, Ignitor pulse resistant wiring.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MH Christmas tree « Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 10:14:31 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
What an interesting idea! If anyone does this, I hope to see pictures ! Lol

Also on the topic of christmas trees and lights, it would be neat to take dead or defective lamps that otherwise look normal, dip them in some kind of dye and then run a decent string or hook through the base and hang them on the tree like those regular balls. Leaked sodium lamps that have gone silver would be perfect dipped in dye and hung!

But thats just my idea lol

Administrator #5

ManofHID

View Posts
View Gallery

Brightening up my life

UCDSlgm226hjPfmxVZ_KYcoA
Re: MH Christmas tree « Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 10:27:32 PM » Author: ManofHID
Awesome idea!  ;D Could have a 70 watt lamp shining up into the tree from lower down!

:mv:  :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: Worshipping the Gods Of Mercury Vapour :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MH Christmas tree « Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 12:52:49 AM » Author: tolivac
MH lit tree--how bout scouring yard sales and thrift-swap shops and looking for old aluminum trees that were popular in the 50's and 60's.They used to be lit with a changing color color light wheel.Use the MH light instead.Would imagine one of the aluminun trees would look nice lit by MH.Since the tree was metal-was unsafe to hang usual light strings on them.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies