Author Topic: Funny names for crappy lighting  (Read 7866 times)
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Funny names for crappy lighting « on: November 11, 2015, 09:57:45 PM » Author: xelareverse
Here are mine

Inductiononsense
Inductionussiance
LEDeez Nuts

What are yours?
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 10:08:26 PM » Author: Solanaceae
CFLunatics
LEDisease
HPSyndrome
LEDeez nuts is a bit immature but kinda funny.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 10:12:24 PM » Author: Lumex120
CFLs= Chinese Fire Lights

Unofficial LG Discord

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 10:24:53 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Curly Fry Lamp
Corkscrew Infestation
And the HPSyndrome, LEDisease, CFLunatic, etc.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 02:16:05 AM » Author: Ash
LED popcorn
What happens when the series capacitor in a cheap 240V LED corn lamp shorts out and the LEDs get connected directly across 240V

Laser in the eye
The glare from LED road lanterns of the "lens panel" type, or LED lanterns without any optics at all

(Note : ONLY LEDs can be "Laser in the eye". HID with arctube in plain view is not "Laser in the eye". the glare levels are not the same - no matter what some members here that mindlessly copy paste everything i say paste under their pictures)

I dont consider HPS bad lighting

I dont consider CFL bad lighting, as long as used in sensible way (i.e. as retrofit to Incandescent or LED, but not in HID lanterns)

I have not yet come up with a name, but i need a name, for Chinese electronically ballasted Fluorescent lanterns, or Chinese lighting products in general
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 04:45:59 AM » Author: dor123
Laser in the eye
The glare from LED road lanterns of the "lens panel" type, or LED lanterns without any optics at all

(Note : ONLY LEDs can be "Laser in the eye". HID with arctube in plain view is not "Laser in the eye". the glare levels are not the same - no matter what some members here that mindlessly copy paste everything i say paste under their pictures)

As soon as reading your comment here, I erased your said term from my picture , after seeing from it, that this insulted you, and that with this action, I copy and paste things that other said. I'm appologies if this caused you a distress.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 12:35:00 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 09:22:28 AM » Author: FGS
LED popcorn
What happens when the series capacitor in a cheap 240V LED corn lamp shorts out and the LEDs get connected directly across 240V

Laser in the eye

I dont consider HPS bad lighting

I dont consider CFL bad lighting, as long as used in sensible way (i.e. as retrofit to Incandescent or LED, but not in HID lanterns)

I have not yet come up with a name, but i need a name, for Chinese electronically ballasted Fluorescent lanterns, or Chinese lighting products in general

ONLY LEDs? I see the vivid hatred for LEDs at that comment. I see laser in the eyes with HIDs too. There's a 400w HPS cobrahead at a walk path. Overkill and a glare bomb (laser in the eyes) for the job. A 70w CMH or its led equivalent is better suited. I'll upload that pic tomorrow once I get it into my PC.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 11:07:05 AM » Author: funkybulb
Assvance ballast

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 12:44:12 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Those plastic caps with new advance kits: crapacitors.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 06:23:33 PM » Author: Ash
You can legitimately call a glaring HID light a glare bomb, but there aren't HID arctubes where the arc is as concentrated (power per area of light emitter, as we see it when staring at it) as a LED chip. Bad optics of LEDs create glare levels i never seen before even when starting into a HID arctube....
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 09:43:35 PM » Author: xelareverse
CFLs= Chinese Fire Lights

LOL😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 06:07:20 AM » Author: FGS
You can legitimately call a glaring HID light a glare bomb, but there aren't HID arctubes where the arc is as concentrated (power per area of light emitter, as we see it when staring at it) as a LED chip. Bad optics of LEDs create glare levels i never seen before even when starting into a HID arctube....

Are you for serious? I have a flashlight (torch for outside the us) that's 1000 lumens and uses 3 high powered LEDs. They're glary sure, not disputing that. But by no mean laser in the eye powerful as a 400w+ arctube. Only way to get that is looking squarely in the center of the beam of the light.

Remind me to get that flashlight uploaded in LG soon.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 12:58:07 PM » Author: Ash
The 400W+ arctube emits light in all directions. From a bare arc tube only a small part of it goes in your direction. From a lantern with reflector, if you are standing in the exact direction the light is aimed at, most of the light hitting your eyes comes from the reflector - which area is many times bigger than the arctube

The LED lens panel lanterns dont have reflectors, only array of lenses. The lenses direct the light in the intended direction with pretty high efficiency, but the emitting area from your point of view remains the chip dot you see through the lens - which is only a small and bright dot on the lens, not even the entire lens, and definitely not a big reflector. The intensity of light in this dot cannot be matched by a general purpose HID arctube even if it would be desired...

As of vivid hae for LEDs

There is one member which definitely has it. He copy pastes everything i say about LEDs (not limited to LEDs actually), when it is part of something i say with reasoning behind it, but he does not have the reasoning. Hate is his reasoning. He just pops up things i said in places they dont belong, on the way also extending them with personal insults to people who did nothing wrong other than buying and installing the lights.... This does no good, not to LEDs and not to the statements against them

Explicitly personally banning this member from copy pasting anything i say...Was attempted many times, but never worked. I only ever managed to make him stop quoting me as a source to his rants. I dont see a solution to this problem
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 01:02:22 PM » Author: Lumex120
The 400W+ arctube emits light in all directions. From a bare arc tube only a small part of it goes in your direction. From a lantern with reflector, if you are standing in the exact direction the light is aimed at, most of the light hitting your eyes comes from the reflector - which area is many times bigger than the arctube

The LED lens panel lanterns dont have reflectors, only array of lenses. The lenses direct the light in the intended direction with pretty high efficiency, but the emitting area from your point of view remains the chip dot you see through the lens - which is only a small and bright dot on the lens, not even the entire lens, and definitely not a big reflector. The intensity of light in this dot cannot be matched by a general purpose HID arctube even if it would be desired...

I have a 100w green LED chip. Although I hear they aren't very efficient, and it probably has the brightness of a 70w MH lamp, it appears extremely bright. It is probably from all the light being focused out of one side, rather than omni-directionally.

Unofficial LG Discord

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny names for crappy lighting « Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 01:16:53 PM » Author: Ash
The light from a flat chip is not particularly focussed. What i call "laser" happens when there is a lens over the LED, which focus WAY more light in the same direction, while the emitting area visible is not changed significantly
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies