Author Topic: A sad story (not for the faint of heart)  (Read 7604 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: A sad story (not for the faint of heart) « Reply #30 on: October 26, 2015, 10:36:00 PM » Author: Lumex120
Those fixtures look like they still had the bulbs, contaminating the debris and area with mercury and halide salts and stuff.
That's pretty disturbing. :o Another reason they wouldn't let us take the floodlights is because they said they had mercury and PCBs in them. I wonder if the demolition company they hired didn't know the lights had toxic chemicals in them? Either way, they have now contaminated a site that was going to be used for residential purposes. Yikes.

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: A sad story (not for the faint of heart) « Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 11:01:20 PM » Author: Solanaceae
DSWC.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: A sad story (not for the faint of heart) « Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 06:41:32 AM » Author: streetlight98
I'm sure they knew about mercury in the lamps, but they probably took the easy way out and didn't want to dispose of the lamps as hazardous waste.

DSWC?

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: A sad story (not for the faint of heart) « Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 08:11:25 AM » Author: Solanaceae
DSWC=dips~~~ the wonder contractor.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: A sad story (not for the faint of heart) « Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 03:18:20 PM » Author: streetlight98
Oh... OK. ??? ;D

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: A sad story (not for the faint of heart) « Reply #35 on: November 12, 2015, 10:24:01 PM » Author: Lumex120
Another thing that is painful for me to see: This.I have no idea why they were just laying on the floor like that, but those things were in perfect condition. :( If only they had just brought them outside and put them outside of the fence... at least a few of the lights would have been saved. :(

Unofficial LG Discord

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A sad story (not for the faint of heart) « Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 12:39:04 AM » Author: tolivac
I have a GE 400W HPS fixture like the ones shown in the picture sitting on the floor-yes,think these should have been offered for reuse-either for collectors or plant growers to use in a greenhouse.They also could have been reused in another commercial place.Wasteful to dump perfectly good fixtures!My GE fixture works good with Philips Mastercolor Retro-White MH conversion bulbs!!Another thought- those lights could have been donated to the Habitat-Restore places so folks could buy them and provide a good home for the lights!WASTEFUL!!!The lights looked in really nice condition.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A sad story (not for the faint of heart) « Reply #37 on: January 18, 2021, 08:17:13 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
This is just dumb, they could've had a loving home instead of being roadkill making way for modern junk.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies