Author Topic: Tell me this doesn't drip with awesomeness  (Read 1747 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Tell me this doesn't drip with awesomeness « on: December 01, 2015, 11:29:52 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
This is one of the most incredibly awesome clocks I have ever seen. It's a CRT! Just like an oscilloscope! The only bad part about it is finding one. Apparently, it utilizes a metal for a component that is so hard to find it isn't even on the periodic table - Unobtanium. Take a look.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Tell me this doesn't drip with awesomeness « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:33:05 PM » Author: Lumex120

This is one of the most incredibly awesome clocks I have ever seen. It's a CRT! Just like an oscilloscope! The only bad part about it is finding one. Apparently, it utilizes a metal for a component that is so hard to find it isn't even on the periodic table - Unobtanium. Take a look.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
WOW! I had always wondered if such a thing existed. Too bad it is $999, If it was cheaper I would have bought one within 5 minutes of me finding out.

Unofficial LG Discord

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tell me this doesn't drip with awesomeness « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:37:22 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Another problem is that the page has not had any updates since 2008. Somebody should e-mail the guy and ask what's going on. There are other versions out there for less money, but they're not as cool looking. The nixie tube and VFD variants are also super cool.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:39:44 PM by TheUniversalDave1 » Logged
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Tell me this doesn't drip with awesomeness « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:41:03 PM » Author: Lumex120
Another problem is that the page has not had any updates since 2008. Somebody should e-mail the guy and ask what's going on. There are other versions out there for less money, but they're not as cool looking.
Those other ones actually look nicer if you ask me. I especially like the one with rectangular display.

Unofficial LG Discord

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tell me this doesn't drip with awesomeness « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:51:17 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I'd love to have one, but obviously the cheaper ones still aren't cheap. Mother said she's "not gonna pay $250 for a clock." Then I told her it wasn't a clock, but a timekeeping television. It didn't work.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Tell me this doesn't drip with awesomeness « Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 12:05:59 AM » Author: Lumex120
I'd love to have one, but obviously the cheaper ones still aren't cheap. Mother said she's "not gonna pay $250 for a clock." Then I told her it wasn't a clock, but a timekeeping television. It didn't work.
:P

Unofficial LG Discord

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tell me this doesn't drip with awesomeness « Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 12:57:07 AM » Author: tolivac
KOOL!!!!GREAT use for surplus scope CRT's!!!1000 bucks is sort of expensive,though.A fellow here at work has a Nixie clock in his office.Nixie tubes and CRTs last a long time,though-perhaps longer than LEDS!!!
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Tell me this doesn't drip with awesomeness « Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 01:03:02 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
These are quite easy to find, as far as I know. The CRT can be any electrostatic deflection tube like that found in an oscilloscope, and the electronics would be standard fare, backed by a custom-programmed microcontroller.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies