Author Topic: If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT  (Read 4274 times)
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT « on: December 04, 2015, 01:52:16 AM » Author: xelareverse
SCAM SCAMLook what I found on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Self-Balancing-2-Wheels-Mini-Hover-Board-Electric-Scooter-Skateboard-/262174143550?hash=item3d0acbf43e:g:SNoAAOSw8-tWYL1Z
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:50:08 PM by xelareverse » Logged
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 02:50:11 AM » Author: dor123
This is what called Self-balancing two-wheeled board , a Segway PT without a handlebar.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: If you want a hover board cheap... « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:21:53 AM » Author: Lumex120
Look what I found on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Self-Balancing-2-Wheels-Mini-Hover-Board-Electric-Scooter-Skateboard-/262174143550?hash=item3d0acbf43e:g:SNoAAOSw8-tWYL1Z

No handlebars? Scary!  :o

Unofficial LG Discord

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 11:42:40 AM » Author: Ash
You can jump off anytime, whats the deal ?
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 03:42:58 PM » Author: xelareverse
I got scammed the @$$cake deleted his account
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: If you want a hover board cheap... « Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 04:49:46 PM » Author: Lumex120
I got scammed the @$$cake deleted his account
Did you already order it, and then they deleted the account? You should be able to get a refund for that...

Unofficial LG Discord

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 11:25:05 PM » Author: dor123
The link became broken, so based on how xelareverse said, the seller deleted his account.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT « Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 01:39:09 AM » Author: tolivac
Is this the hoverboard that explodes and catches on fire when you charge it after taking a ride on it?Saw that on the news-Suppose the hoverboard maker will have to replace the board owners house?-the boards batteries caught fire and burned when the owner tried to charge it.the resulting fire just about burned his house down.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT « Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 02:10:56 AM » Author: Ash
Looks like many Chinese products with Li-Po batteries have this danger. Sometimes internal short circuits in the batteries, sometimes short circuit from outside along with no fusing whatsoever, sometimes overcharges
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT « Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 12:12:38 AM » Author: xelareverse
Is this the hoverboard that explodes and catches on fire when you charge it after taking a ride on it?Saw that on the news-Suppose the hoverboard maker will have to replace the board owners house?-the boards batteries caught fire and burned when the owner tried to charge it.the resulting fire just about burned his house down.

A phone is more likely to explode. So far only a few have exploded.
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT « Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 12:14:31 AM » Author: xelareverse
UPDATE: I bought a broken one just so I could fix it.
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT « Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 01:15:31 AM » Author: tolivac
Yes,have heard of phones catching fire when in use or being charged-same with laptop computers.ANY appliance using Lithium or Li-Po batteries can have that risk.Yet we like the conveniences and benefits of these machines so we take the risk.Right now my new IPhone is in my pocket-no leg warmer yet-and will heave it if it does!And some of my portable lights have Li batteries.Have a new one I bought from Tractor Supply charging right now.The light maker warns not to leave the charger on after the battery has charged.It a "JobSmart" portable HID light.35W HID lamp.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT « Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 03:08:25 AM » Author: Ash
With properly made batteries (proper inside isolators, that are not likely to cause a short circuit inside the battery) and charging schemes (with overvoltage/undervoltage cutouts, ....) the risk is very small and accptable

With things like cheap (or fake) replacement batteries, cheap battery powered toys, etc then it is when you are literally buying a bomb

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT « Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 05:21:16 AM » Author: dor123
I've readed about this device at the newspaper. The israeli Ministry of Transportation, banned these devices completely, and it is completely illegal to even import these hoverborads to Israel.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you want a hover board cheap... SCAM ALERT « Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 05:31:15 AM » Author: Ash
They want to ban e-bikes too. Those things are not easy to tax (they dont use fuel...)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies