Author Topic: Holophane LEDgend discontinued  (Read 870 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Holophane LEDgend discontinued « on: March 10, 2021, 12:29:16 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
The first generation of the Holophane LEDgend has been discontinued. I think it was released some time ago, like 2014, or something like that. The new version, the LEDG2, has replaced the first generation, which was the LEDG. Some of you may be disappointed in this news. The optics did look a lot like a Horseshoe crab or cat whiskers. The new one is just an array of diodes with optics like the AEL ATBS and the Cooper Verdeon. The advantages of the LEDG2 are that they have an optional glass sag lens, and that it is available in warm white. I think it was released about five months ago. I have not seen either version yet. The link for the LEDG is here. The link for the LEDG2 is here. We'll see how the new version does...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 12:33:24 AM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Holophane LEDgend discontinued « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 08:23:38 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I wish they simply updated the color temps and efficiency on the original. The old one was MUCH better looking that the new one.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Holophane LEDgend discontinued « Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 08:19:47 PM » Author: High Intensity
I think the LEDgend series fixtures came onto the market around 2010, based off info I found online.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies