Author Topic: antique lanterns in the US  (Read 10122 times)
dp
antique lanterns in the US « on: December 05, 2006, 06:24:10 PM » Author: dp
What was the antique street lighting in the US like? I know in the UK we had ESLA open lanterns etc according to Simon Cornwell's catalogues (UK collector\enthusiast) but I am curious as to what the US streetlighting would have been like.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: antique lanterns in the US « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 11:22:06 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
HIP HIP HURRAY!
someone finally made a post on this topic that wasn't posted since June!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Santaarnpaal

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: antique lanterns in the US « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 02:23:40 AM » Author: Santaarnpaal
Maybe those Radialwave lanterns. I have seen pictures of it.
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: antique lanterns in the US « Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:53:51 AM » Author: prawnman88
and gumballs mostly radial waves with 300 watt bulbs or 500 in them
dp
Re: antique lanterns in the US « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 04:46:09 PM » Author: dp
I quite like those gumball lanterns, there used to be simalar type of lanterns in the UK, such as the GEC Z5590 but they are basically next to nothing here now, and even if you see them, they are either running HPS, vandalised or the bowl\refractor yellowed.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: antique lanterns in the US « Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 11:12:24 PM » Author: Silverliner
Pasadena and San Marino, two cities near Los Angeles, are homes to very old incandescent street lights that date to the 1920s. Most have radial wave reflectors, some have admiral hat reflectors. They are still run as series incandescent since the day they were installed. Here is a pic of one in San Marino that dates to 1926.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: antique lanterns in the US « Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 11:39:49 PM » Author: prawnman88
very nice dave man thats old just think of all the things that light has seen ? to bad it can't talk
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: antique lanterns in the US « Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 09:08:55 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Yeah Rych they probably would say "My next light neighbor was melted for WW2"  :P

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: antique lanterns in the US « Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 10:37:41 AM » Author: prawnman88
jayce thats funny its not but it is lol !!!!! it was saying o no o no there goes bob they got bob !!!!
NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: antique lanterns in the US « Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 11:23:13 PM » Author: NiMo
And yet one thing overlooked were the old post-top Novalux luminaires with the capped globes.  They were very common here in Buffalo.

Group Replacement, Baby

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies