Author Topic: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit  (Read 3155 times)
don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « on: February 19, 2016, 02:40:55 AM » Author: don93s
I thought this website was really cool to scroll through and see the remains of old/vintage lighting from abandoned buildings in Detroit. Includes schools, churches, industry, and tons other. A lot of history behind this stuff. Lots of pics to try and identify the style fixtures and other remains from bygone eras.

Link: http://detroit-ish.com
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 10:07:58 AM » Author: Lumex120
This is exactly the kind of website I have always been hoping to find.  ;D
how many ceiling fans can you find in this picture? (I found 3)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:10:25 AM by Zarlog » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 01:27:45 PM » Author: Lumex120

I just found an interesting swan neck lantern in this picture. Also note the amount of silverliners in the background.

Unofficial LG Discord

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 10:41:33 PM » Author: nicksfans
Great website! Here are a couple of photos that caught my eye. Those are T17s on the right in the second photo.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 06:40:30 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Great pictures its a shame all these old fittings are going for scrap unless we have a member in Detroit who might be able to rescue them
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 06:56:36 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Alex, whereever you are, go to Detroit lol.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 09:09:02 PM » Author: don93s
I'm really glad there are those out there who care to photograph and document parts of history that most don't bother to think about. Detroit was once a powerhouse during the industrial age and post war. It's a shame to see some of this Country's arguably best urban architectural efforts slowly decay as well as land marks, etc.
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 10:20:04 PM » Author: DieselNut
Wow what some cool photos! It is a shame to see this stuff go to waste and ruin.

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 10:25:12 PM » Author: Solanaceae
And we can thank outsourcing for detroits demise.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 03:38:06 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Companies outsource so that they can keep making a profit and keep the shareholders satisfied. Money money money.  We want more of it, but don't realize that as a result of trying to get more, the cost of living increases right along with it. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pics Of Inside Old Buildings In Detroit « Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 01:07:25 AM » Author: tolivac
Sort of sad-Detroit used to be a real manufacturing capitol-now its going to pot! The pictures are kinda depressing.The WHOLE country could go this way if its not careful.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies