Author Topic: Your air conditioner  (Read 13416 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #30 on: February 27, 2016, 01:32:27 PM » Author: wattMaster
Heat pump air conditioners have a reversing valve, Or a compressor power reversal system.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #31 on: March 12, 2016, 03:39:51 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Because I work as an telecom technician I sometimes come across some really old air conditioners in old equiptment shelters. Most of them are not working any more and are just left there to be removed someday. Some do still work though.

I did manage to find couple pics from some of those.

Most of those old ones have separate compressor assembly and some of them really look like "i did it myself and save some money" like this one.

Some are looking more like factory made.

Here is a picture of most common type evaporator unit. It's basically identical looking from those that have been used in walk-in freezer back in 70's and 80's

Here is one pic from the radiator.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #32 on: March 12, 2016, 05:35:45 AM » Author: dor123
There are eggs refrigerators here, that uses similar evaporator units like in the third picture.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #33 on: March 12, 2016, 08:22:42 AM » Author: wattMaster
There are eggs refrigerators here, that uses similar evaporator units like in the third picture.
How small are those? Can it hold big eggs like duck eggs?

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #34 on: March 12, 2016, 08:52:12 AM » Author: dor123
They are used for chicken eggs only, either white or brown eggs. They are as large as typical industrial refrigerators in supermarkets here.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

veryhighonoutput

View Posts
View Gallery

T12

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 09:48:38 PM » Author: veryhighonoutput
I got 4 window units pain taking in and out especially the monster maytag

T12/ t17 there's a reason they made heavy magnetic ballasts

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 03:27:37 AM » Author: dor123
Here is pictures of the new upper split ductless A/C that has been installed on the salon at my hostel:

It is made by Midea, China for Electra Air Conditioning.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #37 on: June 08, 2016, 07:10:49 AM » Author: wattMaster
Almost nobody here has a dustless air conditioner because they are too expensive.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 07:58:55 AM » Author: dor123
In Israel, window air conditioner considered a niche stuff that is obsolete. From the beginning of the 2000, it isn't possible to buy window A/C anymore, after the boom of the upper ductless A/Cs in the 90's. Here you can see upper ductless A/C everywhere, from homes to classrooms and offices and restaurants and other commercial places. Most of them costs less than ₪4000, and you can find inverter ductless A/C in less than ₪2000.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #39 on: June 08, 2016, 08:13:59 AM » Author: wattMaster
In Israel, window air conditioner considered a niche stuff that is obsolete. From the beginning of the 2000, it isn't possible to buy window A/C anymore, after the boom of the upper ductless A/Cs in the 90's. Here you can see upper ductless A/C everywhere, from homes to classrooms and offices and restaurants and other commercial places. Most of them costs less than ₪4000, and you can find inverter ductless A/C in less than ₪2000.
You can get a Window Air Conditioner here for ₪400.
Window Air Conditioners are ultra popular here for low cost air conditioning.
But for the rest of us, We have Central Air Conditioners.
Ductless ACs are luxuries here, For some reason.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #40 on: June 08, 2016, 11:06:06 AM » Author: dor123
Here you can see only upper ductless and sometimes also central A/Cs today. All of them are heat pumps (We don't have A/C without heat pump here [This was true here also during the 80's and the 90's where A/Cs were manufactured in Israel, and included Window A/C with heat pump]). Part of the reason for the obsolescence of the window A/Cs, is their very high level of noise and their very low efficiency (COP<2).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:44:03 PM by dor123 » Logged

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #41 on: June 08, 2016, 08:12:15 PM » Author: Ash
The window A/Cs here didnt go well for some reasons :

They were rarely used for their intended purpose - in a window. More commonly a hole was cut in the wall and the unit was installed there permanently

So first this required, that a wall is available where thy want the unit to be installed. Not all buildings have available wall space like that where the unit is wanted, and wall space such that can be cut up, without hitting structural building parts, plumbing or wiring

Then it required actually cutting the wall, along with the possibility of leaks (from rainwater) resulting later, around the hole with the A/C stuffed through it. And repairing the wall if the unit is removed

The units are noisy, both from the indoors and outdoors. In the center of the country the probem is two fold : the place is cities, too much thermal capacity around and too little breeze at night, so the place stays hot at night too. The unit is working hard, and its hard to sleep. Then since its in a city with some densely packed flats buildings, your and everyone else's units prevent everyone from sleeping. Split units are more efficiently made and generally more silent

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #42 on: June 08, 2016, 10:51:26 PM » Author: wattMaster

They were rarely used for their intended purpose - in a window. More commonly a hole was cut in the wall and the unit was installed there permanently

So first this required, that a wall is available where thy want the unit to be installed. Not all buildings have available wall space like that where the unit is wanted, and wall space such that can be cut up, without hitting structural building parts, plumbing or wiring

Then it required actually cutting the wall, along with the possibility of leaks (from rainwater) resulting later, around the hole with the A/C stuffed through it. And repairing the wall if the unit is removed

The units are noisy, both from the indoors and outdoors. In the center of the country the probem is two fold : the place is cities, too much thermal capacity around and too little breeze at night, so the place stays hot at night too. The unit is working hard, and its hard to sleep. Then since its in a city with some densely packed flats buildings, your and everyone else's units prevent everyone from sleeping. Split units are more efficiently made and generally more silent

Window air conditioners are commonly found in walls here, But the installations are actually very good, and is usually found in commercial areas where regular air conditioning is not enough.
In a local Cafe They use window air conditioners in a permanent form, which I like.
The central air conditioning there just is not enough, As there are hot kitchens, low insulation, lots of people, and of course the blisteringly hot Florida Climate.
There are even special window air conditioners marketed as "Wall" or "Built in" air conditioners.
The problem with those is that they are exorbitantly expensive.
Another reason for not getting specialized wall air conditioners is that the regular air conditioners have "Thru the wall" installation instructions.
And if you want air conditioning, it's everywhere. You can find 100+ A/C businesses around Florida, but only a few are popular or marketed.(One example would be Del-Aire, Look it up)
You can even find window air conditioners in a grocery store, for cheap.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #43 on: June 09, 2016, 04:53:28 PM » Author: Lumex120

Window air conditioners are commonly found in walls here, But the installations are actually very good, and is usually found in commercial areas where regular air conditioning is not enough.
In a local Cafe They use window air conditioners in a permanent form, which I like.
The central air conditioning there just is not enough, As there are hot kitchens, low insulation, lots of people, and of course the blisteringly hot Florida Climate.
There are even special window air conditioners marketed as "Wall" or "Built in" air conditioners.
The problem with those is that they are exorbitantly expensive.
Another reason for not getting specialized wall air conditioners is that the regular air conditioners have "Thru the wall" installation instructions.
And if you want air conditioning, it's everywhere. You can find 100+ A/C businesses around Florida, but only a few are popular or marketed.(One example would be Del-Aire, Look it up)
You can even find window air conditioners in a grocery store, for cheap.

Last fall Fleet Farm had 8000BTU units on sale for $95.

Unofficial LG Discord

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your air conditioner « Reply #44 on: June 09, 2016, 05:24:27 PM » Author: Ash
Central not enough that is because they did not choose it right in the 1st place. Maybe they did not take into account the heat of some of the sources, or maybe the use of the building was changed (for example : shop changed to restaurant so kitchen heat added) after the unit was installed
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies