Author Topic: How to know if it's an NEMA fixture or not an NEMA fixture  (Read 3891 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
How to know if it's an NEMA fixture or not an NEMA fixture « on: November 28, 2007, 03:27:29 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Just letting you all know, there are too much misunderstanding on NEMA fixtures, which is the reason why I do not like the term "fake NEMA light"

For those CHEAP bucket fixtures you buy in hardware store that does not have clips, but screws on and there is no tabs for clips on a reflector, then it is NOT an NEMA fixture.

An NEMA fixture has specifications shown in the links below and explanations,

Guys, don't misunderstand this......an NEMA light does NOT mean "bucket light" an NEMA light is any light that has a 6 inch opening and has clips on the sides so they can fit anything, like mix and match......

I hope this link can help you all understand how you tell what an "NEMA Head" is. It has an history of how this standard design was invented....

This page shows an NEMA adaptor for the GE Form 109

another example of a GE Form 109 NEMA adaptor being used

An example of a Boston wheeler and a Line Material Industries (McGraw-Edison) Spherolite Junior (R) light which is also an NEMA!!!

(Credits to Allan W. Jayne, Jr. for all this information in the webpage)

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How to know if it's an NEMA fixture or not an NEMA fixture « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 06:39:22 PM » Author: NiMo
A couple things to note, although the GE 201SA luminaire is configured differently, it is still a NEMA head, according to the aforementioned criteria.  Second, the GE Form 400 Pendant was screw mounted, rather than latch mounted to the head.

Group Replacement, Baby

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies