Author Topic: Glow discharge in the outer of my Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL during hot restrike: Why?  (Read 1146 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Glow discharge in the outer of my Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL during hot restrike: Why? « on: April 06, 2016, 11:29:32 AM » Author: dor123
During capturing a video of my new Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL Excellence hot restriking, a glow discharge struck inside the envelope of the lamp during the lamp cooling down period.
Why this is happening? Is this a bad state?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Glow discharge in the outer of my Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL during hot restrike: Why? « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 11:01:09 AM » Author: Medved
I would guess a capacitive coupled discharge (if I recall well, these lamps are supposed to have no exposed metal parts within the outer), coming from the fast, high dV/dt pulsing of the ignitor. If the lamp is well made and the quartz intact, I would see no problem there at all...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies