Author Topic: Worst 1-star amazon reviews?  (Read 8625 times)
HPS Lover
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 04:08:13 PM » Author: HPS Lover
At least someone told them about it.

Yeah, it's not quite as bad when someone smarter points out the mistake, but I still found the initial story pretty funny nonetheless! ;D ::)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 04:11:26 PM » Author: wattMaster
At least someone told them about it.

Yeah, it's not quite as bad when someone smarter points out the mistake, but I still found the initial story pretty funny nonetheless! ;D ::)
I'm glad a fire didn't start.
I think it is really funny too!  ;D

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 02:44:28 PM » Author: Lumex120
Okay, NOW, THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE!!!  It is actually lighting related (from Amazon), and in my mind is NOTHING short of HILARIOUS.  This review just goes to show how incompetent some people really are when it comes to lighting, sadly sometimes more so than one might imagine.  Here is the review.  It is for a 100W mercury vapor bulb, which someone gave a horrible review due to their own stupidity!.  I bolded the review so it is easier to identify.

"My daughter has a light fixture in front of her home that had a 175W mercury vapor bulb. I thought I'd save her money and get a 100 Watt bulb instead.

BIG MISTAKE, at least with these bulbs. I suppose I could have sent them back with a complaint and request another, but I figured, "less than $10 and not worth the time and freight to send it back." I bought another.

I bought my first bulb on Amazon on February 5. I bought the second on March 20. This is May 25th. In each case, perhaps a couple weeks elapsed between the time I bought the bulb and it was installed.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH A JUNK PRODUCT BEING LISTED ON AMAZON!!! ECONOMICS OF REPLACEMENT DON'T JUSTIFY PAYING $10 FOR A BULB THE SHOULD WORK 10 YEARS INSTEAD OF 30-60 DAYS!!!

This product is more of a hoax.

Save your money.

I can't understand how anyone can review a bulb and give it five stars and not have used it for years.

Just fitting a socket is not a review-able feature, the bulb wouldn't work if it didn't.

C'mon Amazon, junk this product."

Link to product: https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-MV100-DX-MOG-100-Watt/dp/B0036Z3DLE/ref=cm_rdp_product

I still can't stop mentally (and sometimes truly), laughing whenever I read this review!

We have a winner...   ;D ;D ;D

I saw a similar one where someone bought a 50w MH lamp for a 150w fixture to "save money" and when the lamp exploded they gave it one star. It even had a picture of the exploded lamp. I would post it here but I can't find it now.

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 03:09:22 PM » Author: wattMaster
Okay, NOW, THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE!!!  It is actually lighting related (from Amazon), and in my mind is NOTHING short of HILARIOUS.  This review just goes to show how incompetent some people really are when it comes to lighting, sadly sometimes more so than one might imagine.  Here is the review.  It is for a 100W mercury vapor bulb, which someone gave a horrible review due to their own stupidity!.  I bolded the review so it is easier to identify.

"My daughter has a light fixture in front of her home that had a 175W mercury vapor bulb. I thought I'd save her money and get a 100 Watt bulb instead.

BIG MISTAKE, at least with these bulbs. I suppose I could have sent them back with a complaint and request another, but I figured, "less than $10 and not worth the time and freight to send it back." I bought another.

I bought my first bulb on Amazon on February 5. I bought the second on March 20. This is May 25th. In each case, perhaps a couple weeks elapsed between the time I bought the bulb and it was installed.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH A JUNK PRODUCT BEING LISTED ON AMAZON!!! ECONOMICS OF REPLACEMENT DON'T JUSTIFY PAYING $10 FOR A BULB THE SHOULD WORK 10 YEARS INSTEAD OF 30-60 DAYS!!!

Save your money.

I can't understand how anyone can review a bulb and give it five stars and not have used it for years.

Just fitting a socket is not a review-able feature, the bulb wouldn't work if it didn't.

Link to product: https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-MV100-DX-MOG-100-Watt/dp/B0036Z3DLE/ref=cm_rdp_product

I still can't stop mentally (and sometimes truly), laughing whenever I read this review!

I saw a similar one where someone bought a 50w MH lamp for a 150w fixture to "save money" and when the lamp exploded they gave it one star. It even had a picture of the exploded lamp. I would post it here but I can't find it now.
What website?
I couldn't find it on Amazon.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 06:43:37 PM » Author: Lumex120

Save your money.

What website?
It was on Amazon.

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 09:31:27 PM » Author: wattMaster

Save your money.

What website?
It was on Amazon.
Do a Google search with special operators, like site:Amazon.com

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 12:31:18 PM » Author: Lumex120
Need I say more?

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 12:46:14 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Diy electricians, what keeps the pros and home inspectors in business lol.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 12:49:04 PM » Author: Lumex120
Diy electricians, what keeps the pros and home inspectors in business lol.
The fact that they don't even know what it is for is what really ticks me off. It's NOT for christmas lights, it's for generators!

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 12:52:18 PM » Author: wattMaster
Need I say more?
What's wrong with the review?

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #25 on: July 06, 2016, 12:57:50 PM » Author: Lumex120
Need I say more?
ALL the reviews. They say it is very dangerous and has no use when they don't know what it is ACTUALLY for.

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #26 on: July 06, 2016, 02:37:45 PM » Author: wattMaster
Need I say more?
ALL the reviews. They say it is very dangerous and has no use when they don't know what it is ACTUALLY for.
Now I know, but I still don't understand what's wrong with the reviews.
One reviewer said that hot on one end was neutral on another.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 04:13:50 AM » Author: Medved
Need I say more?

To be honest, I have really no idea, how could anyone use this for Christmas lights.

And when used with the generators, this is one of the most stupid and dangerous type of accessories. There is really very good reason why you will never find this in normal stores. If you need an  alternate supply for your house, you need a switchover (with all the interlocks) installed on your panel. And then the input connector for the generator connection is of the male type (even when it is fixed, it is a power inlet and not an outlet after all) and then you use just an ordinary extension cord to connect the generator.
I have seen similar cords as home made and I know about few cases, when those idiots using such contraptions with generators caused the power restore work to extend from just a day or so to more than a week (the workers find the disconnected line to have voltage present, so they have to first prove there is no other connection present, find the power source, eliminate that and only then they may resume the real work). When you find a supposedly disconnected 22kV line still having voltage on it (at least the workers had followed the shorting/grounding procedure, so no one was hurt), it rises your eyebrows...
You may argue the cause was they forget to switch the main breaker OFF and you would be right. But the danger is exactly there - just one mistake and the thing becomes extremely dangerous even quite far away from your location.
And of course, you may accidentally unplug it and then you have electricity on open prongs...

And if connecting the generators to the house installation is not the main purpose of this, I would like to know what then it is really intended for. But the fact it does not bear any UL marks (or anything similar) gives me quite strong hint, there is no real safe use for such thing...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:38:04 AM by Medved » Logged

No more selfballasted c***

Aveoguy22
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 04:34:26 AM » Author: Aveoguy22
Need I say more?

To be honest, I have really no idea, how could anyone use this for Christmas lights.

And when used with the generators, this is one of the most stupid and dangerous type of accessories. There is really very good reason why you will never find this in normal stores. If you need an  alternate supply for your house, you need a switchover (with all the interlocks) installed on your panel. And then the input connector for the generator connection is of the male type (even when it is fixed, it is a power inlet and not an outlet after all) and then you use just an ordinary extension cord to connect the generator.
I have seen similar cords as home made and I know about few cases, when those idiots using such contraptions with generators caused the power restore work to extend from just a day or so to more than a week (the workers find the disconnected line to have voltage present, so they have to first prove there is no other connection present, find the power source, eliminate that and only then they may resume the real work). When you find a supposedly disconnected 22kV line still having voltage on it (at least the workers had followed the shorting/grounding procedure, so no one was hurt), it rises your eyebrows...

And if connecting the generators to the house installation is not the main purpose of this, I would like to know what then it is really intended for. But the fact it does not bear any UL marks (or anything similar) gives me quite strong hint, there is no real safe use for such thing...

we backfeed a 220v dryer outlet for our generator.  always pull the main fuse from the panel so nothing makes it past the fuse box though.  we did a similar thing at my grandparents but with just a standard 120v outlet to keep the fridge running during an outage in the summer.  not correct, but it works.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Worst 1-star amazon reviews? « Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 01:20:04 AM » Author: Solanaceae
This.  

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies